Are these things any good ?

GoldenMotor.com

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Front and rear friction drives were all (or nearly so) that was available for quite a while. The only one I ever rode was in Italy and made by a company named Motori Minarelli. That was in the 70s and I remember it being very top heavy and awkward to ride. Ive seen some rear frictions that are made today and sure they are better but I just dont feel comfortable with anything that has that high of a center of gravity and only 2 wheels. Low, fast and mean for me thanks.

bomb

Nov 18, 2010
Canada
I like the whole thing, bike and all. Aparently they don't have US certification, but they do have CE certification.

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I know they look like something from Noahs ark, but that's the appeal. What's the verdict ?

I kinda like it. I really do. It looks sturdy enough to ride down MT. Ararat with pairs of animals behind you and all. laff

Seriously though, I do like it.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Fully lugged double bar frame, dropstand, 3pc crankset w/a groovy sprocket - heck it's even got a taillight, what's not to like?

What is the bike, is it Dutch?

Defo a sweet, sturdy ride w/prolly bullet proof reliability - I'm diggin' it (^)

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
The bike looks like a Flying Pigeon, china clone of the 40's Raleigh. The engine is a china clone off the Solex, French built by the millions. This bike looks to be a fun ride and antique looking to boot. Have fun, Dave

Attachments

Last edited: