My Aluminum Trailer in progress...

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I've seen many different home built trailers for bikes, but I wanted to go at least 90% or so Aluminum so it would be lite weight, here are some pics of what I got done this afternoon, as you can see it wont be anything real fancy but it will serve me well for what I need a trailer to do.

I used pop rivets and ALUMIWELD for all the joints so far, the round tubing that the wheel will be mounted on is 3/4" Conduit, didnt have any Aluminum tubing but had a 10' joint of this in the shop.

I'm using a 16 x 1.75 bike wheel & tire, I wiil be putting a 3/16" thin lite plywood floor in it and I may build my sides out of it too, unsure about that right now will depend on how the bike pulls it before I add the sides.

But anyway here are the pics of what I have at this point so far.

Three Cheers for ALUMIWELD....! I really like this stuff...!

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Can't wait to see the finished build. Well thought out design and execution.
Thanks, I've never built a bike trailer before so, yes I have put a lot of thought into this project and have changed my mind many times in reguards to how I will (do this or do that), not sure what the finished product will look like yet, but I will be posting pics as it takes shape and comes along.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
i have a hard time finding supply like that

i have a hard time finding supply like that
I've seen many different home built trailers for bikes, but I wanted to go at least 90% or so Aluminum so it would be lite weight, here are some pics of what I got done this afternoon, as you can see it wont be anything real fancy but it will serve me well for what I need a trailer to do.

I used pop rivets and ALUMIWELD for all the joints so far, the round tubing that the wheel will be mounted on is 3/4" Conduit, didnt have any Aluminum tubing but had a 10' joint of this in the shop.

I'm using a 16 x 1.75 bike wheel & tire, I wiil be putting a 3/16" thin lite plywood floor in it and I may build my sides out of it too, unsure about that right now will depend on how the bike pulls it before I add the sides.

But anyway here are the pics of what I have at this point so far.

Three Cheers for ALUMIWELD....! I really like this stuff...!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
" i have a hard time finding supply like that "

All the Aluminum angle material and the flat bar came from my local tractor supply and the ALUMIWELD Rods came from Harbor Freight Tools, everything else can be found at just about any hardware &/or lumber supply store.

.rd.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Re:Thank you so much

that helps me a lot thank you !!!!
" i have a hard time finding supply like that "

All the Aluminum angle material and the flat bar came from my local tractor supply and the ALUMIWELD Rods came from Harbor Freight Tools, everything else can be found at just about any hardware &/or lumber supply store.

.rd.