Bearing Came Apart

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
After haveing built fifteen bikes with the Chinese in frame two stroke, and no major engine problems I finally had one come apart. I figured it was due to over winding a new motor, since I was beating it pretty hard with only about 18 miles on it. I was breaking it in with 32:1 non synthetic oil.
After tearing it down I see the cage on one of the crankshaft bearings came apart. I also noticed the fit in the case of the other bearing is way to tight. When you turn the bearing you can feel every ball in it. I was wondering if other people who have torn these down have noticed the bearings being fit to tight in the case. I suppose they are all different. Just a crap shoot if you happen to get one where the bearings fit perfect.
I guess I can't complain since it is the first one I have had a major problem with. At this price they are disposable.

John

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Wow some of these need a little time before they start getting better power. So I keep hearing. I will keep going easy on my break in with the china fo sure now!