manic mechanic

GoldenMotor.com

shoundog

Mar 11, 2010
Huntersville, NC
Found some new Schwinn Jaguars a man has here in the area $80.00 so I guess I'll get one and save the GIANT for later. I ran across some old post about a kit that MM had or was developing for this bike and read through the install for several pages and then all of a sudden it stopped. Did this kit get built and sent out or did it have a problem and production never begain. If it made production is it still around for this bike?

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Hi shoundog,

I did make one of these kits.

It was sent to MB-monkey here on the forum for testing. It worked fine, (including the original pan engine mount design).

Not long after; I got reports from around the U.S. that the bike was discontinued...in addition there were reports of different rear wheel hubs being used.

The Jag is still available new...but each production run shows just enough dimensional differences that a production kit based on this bike wasn't practical.

Jim

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
and there you have it, straight from the horses mouth :)
(not saying your any sort of equistrian... more canine, with the jumping through hoops instead of sticks. ... ok, well, goodbye)

:)

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Do we know about a gen-3 china girl,I got a e-mail (on his e-mail list I think beacause of the comment section on the wizzer motor kits,I think this is the same guy from china)I can forward the e-mail if you want to read it,,,,,It is about a gen -3 kit ,looks like the china girl with improvements? McAffe virus scan said it was ok

shoundog

Mar 11, 2010
Huntersville, NC
Thanks Jim, So if I get one of these Jaguars I am assuming you can help me out with what I need in the way of a sprocket (thiking 42) and its mount. Also is the pan mount still being made or should I go with the new engine mounts you are makeing.