Bike Make Inquiry

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hey everyone,
I came upon this snap of an old cruiser bike on "Ratrods.com"....and for the life of me I've no idea what it is and the site didn't elaborate on it....but it sure would make a cool build I think...LOL....does anyone know what it is ?...also...check out that front end....ever seen a sprung front like that ?

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Attachments

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I think ,pretend the two strait bars were added,the front rack fab'ed in,and those handle bars "wow",and it starts to look like a regular bike,lol

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Salty,
Some time ago a member posted some photos of two bikes he was given from a foreign country but for the life of me I can't recall where to find that post. As I remember they both had straight cantilever bars like that one but I don't remember the bars or a front suspension like this one. I'll keep looking and if I find them and they look the same I'll post for you.
Tom

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
very cool! and I really like that saddlebag. It looks like it comes off easily and a nice size for general utility- I think I saw things like thatabout 1960-

good tires too- should be a nice build

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
the forks are are an "evan-action springer" designed by Harley Earl for the Evan's/Colson company in the 50's.

the frame almost looks like an old schwinn typhoon, but the back triangle is different. could be custom made, or english.

the handleybars? them's are just goofy.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Has that one of a kind funky look! Gonna make an awesome build Salty. Can't wait to see her finished. Never saw one so am of no help, but Uber Cool.

Just realized, color almost matches the HF engine

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Salty,
Some time ago a member posted some photos of two bikes he was given from a foreign country but for the life of me I can't recall where to find that post. As I remember they both had straight cantilever bars like that one but I don't remember the bars or a front suspension like this one. I'll keep looking and if I find them and they look the same I'll post for you.
Tom
Awesome Tom !....I'm doing some research as well....but I have to say...I've NEVER seen a sprung front end like that .......it's not my bike, I just WANT ONE !

Laughs,
Salty.shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
the forks are are an "evan-action springer" designed by Harley Earl for the Evan's/Colson company in the 50's.

the frame almost looks like an old schwinn typhoon, but the back triangle is different. could be custom made, or english.

the handleybars? them's are just goofy.
Momma always said " goofy is as goofy does "....( laughs )....those bars are COOL !....if possible can you find some nomenclature pertaining said bike ?...especially Harley
Earl....the most famous of all GM car designers........

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Has that one of a kind funky look! Gonna make an awesome build Salty. Can't wait to see her finished. Never saw one so am of no help, but Uber Cool.

Just realized, color almost matches the HF engine
Dan,
I concur....it'll make an AWESOME build....but.....it aint mine dang it !....I want it though ! ( screams to the bike Gods )...GIMME.....GIMME....GIMME !

Laughs,
Salty.shft.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
" Dan,
I concur....it'll make an AWESOME build....but.....it aint mine dang it !....I want it though ! ( screams to the bike Gods )...GIMME.....GIMME....GIMME !

Laughs,
Salty"

I cought that after posting Salty, lol. me slow. Side note Carol got me bumper sticker paper today and I forgot what I was supposed to print for ya and deleted your addy. When ya get time, please remind and resend. Have a new printer and they are coming out purty cool!

Gonna do clear tank stickers too.