What does your wife/gf think of your bike(s)?

GoldenMotor.com

What does your wife/gf think of your bike(s)? She is:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cannonfish

Apr 10, 2009
Maryland
Just curious to see what other people's wives or girlfriends think of their motorized biking habit. My wife totally hates my bike, so I'm kinda hoping to find some solidarity here...

My wife/girlfriend is:
1. so impressed with motorized bicycles that she wants one too, or else she already has one.
2. unconcerned with how much time and/or money I spend on my MB, as long as I'm happy.
3. convinced that this hobby is unsafe, and she is resentful of the time and/or money I spend on it.
4. threatening to leave me if I don't find a new hobby, preferably one that doesn't require gasoline.
5. nonexistent, so I can do whatever I want with my bike.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
She don't seem to mind me messing with them. She has said I need only one and not a stable full of them.
I'm getting kind of tired of messing with them. My guess is they will soon become illegal to ride
in the streets anyway if not all ready.
Anyone need a motorized bike?

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
My wife really enjoys riding hers. She should I spent more time and money on hers than any of the rest. She's not so sure that I need seven of them. I plan on selling four or five this spring.

John

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
I told my wife that I want to motorize my bike. You know that look you get when they wonder if you're ever going to grow up? I get a sneer and that 'your pathetic" look. It's funny I never dis her if she wants a new vacuum. :p

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Char and I have always kept our finances seperate so she doesn't/can't say anything about the money side of the hobby. She does question me about the need for how many I have and she keeps asking, "What are you going to do with it?" about my trike. She thinks my bikes are neat and she likes the blue one (Jaguar) says its pretty, but she has no desire to ride one or share the hobby with me. That's the part I wish I could change. I don't understand either because she owns two pedal bikes and had a motorcycle when I first met her. Maybe someday...
Tom

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
Char and I have always kept our finances seperate so she doesn't/can't say anything about the money side of the hobby. She does question me about the need for how many I have and she keeps asking, "What are you going to do with it?" about my trike. She thinks my bikes are neat and she likes the blue one (Jaguar) says its pretty, but she has no desire to ride one or share the hobby with me. That's the part I wish I could change. I don't understand either because she owns two pedal bikes and had a motorcycle when I first met her. Maybe someday...
Tom
Don't you know it's the duty of a wife to abhor you once you tie the knot? laff

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
My GF loves hers! (It's the purple Schwinn Spitfire)
When we first started dating, she was always riding one of mine; then after several months she asked if she paid for it, could I build her one of her own?

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
My wife thinks I'm (we) are nuts for being so into this hobby. Like 2Door, we keep our finances seperate, so she can't really say much. I do get a little heat over spending so much time in the shop when I'm working on something but she has the opportunity to watch whatever she wants on the tv without fighting me about it. So, she limits her complaints. Thanks honey! Considering I could just about build a new bike for as much as she pays to get her hair done, I don't think it will lead to much.

Last edited:

OKflyboy

Jan 4, 2010
Tulsa Area, OK
I voted #1 which is mostly true. She doesn't necessarily want her own, but she's already decided she wants me to teach her how to ride mine. Of course, my wife is cool as heck (wow, H E "double hockey stick" gets censored...). This is the same woman that, when I bought my Beretta CX4 carbine, her only comment was "I think you need to teach me to shoot this rifle!" (and I did)

Last edited:

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
I voted #1 which is mostly true. She doesn't necessarily want her own, but she's already decided she wants me to teach her how to ride mine. Of course, my wife is cool as ****. This is the same woman that, when I bought my Beretta CX4 carbine, her only comment was "I think you need to teach me to shoot this rifle!" (and I did)
OOH I hope that doesn't "backfire" heheh!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
She is glad that I get to tinker with something and realizes that it is good for me. She doesn't want me to ride it or spend money on it. She just does't get it.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
She don't seem to mind me messing with them. She has said I need only one and not a stable full of them.
I'm getting kind of tired of messing with them. My guess is they will soon become illegal to ride
in the streets anyway if not all ready.
Anyone need a motorized bike?
Hi Norman! It's funny that you say this because I too lost a little interest as far as the mechanical aspects. Riding is still a mini vacation to me though. It's like we have gathered together everyone and have almost exhausted every possibility until someone comes up with something else.
Then all of a sudden you need that something else.
My wife thinks my bikes are funny. She tells me all the time her work friends talk about that fat guy on that yellow bike. Then she fesses up that she knows who that guy is!