Its Electric Start

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Most people think a pittbull is ugly, but still have respect for its potential. 35 with no breaks Hmmm

Also seems like a high center of gravity.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Geeee????!!! You think the engine could be mounted on the lower part of the frame?
looks like what happens when a go kart, mini bike,scooter,bicycle, and who knows what
else breed?

I give it my vote for home made of the month,year?

Deacon should see this? Well maybe
it would be better if he didn't.
You sure could put batteries all over it and power it with an electric motor.
That IS a custom built machine!!!!
Yep, I can't get that image out of my head either. I sure would like to see the driver on it.
Rufus took one look and took off scared him I guess?
Couldn't you just image the movie"Easy Rider" with 2 of those things as the bikes they rode? LOL!!!!
Bet it took more than a 6 pack to get it done. Nice touch is the single side mounted rear wheel at lest it looks that way. Plus the high tech belt drive.
We need that guy to join us here on the forum!!!
Out of the box designs.
Snake and I are laughing hard at this one!!!!!
I gotta go.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I'm with you Norman! If Doc does get him to join, we need to give him a special thing under his or her name. (insert funny yet descriptive designation here)((I got nutton))

LOL, if the location was different, I would have thought it was Deacon's.

How is Ruffus?

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
thing is a rat rod special love the clutch setup on the belt drive priceless. I think he stole the mirror of my 78 chevy 30 van

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Maybe It Has A Jake Brake! It Looks Like A Mini Diesel Exhaust, They Run Them Up Behind The Cab Like That. The Horn Buy The Fork Stem Should Do The Job. Long Ago I Put 6 Volt Horns On My Car`s. Had Ton`s Of Laugh`s Scaring Girl`s, You Did Not Have To Be Close Either. Oh, Don`t Tell Anyone. Ron PS i bet it looks great to him!

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
I think that the engine is used for slowing down. Since it is belt drive, with a manual clutch (not centrifigal) just like a lawn tractor, as you lower the throttle, the tractor slows down instantaniously, (but in this case the bike, or whatever it is considered to be slows down). Once the rider gets down to a crawling speed, they can disengage the clutch so the motor will keep running and by that time, they can put their feet on the ground at stop signs, traffic lights, whatever. Very creative build however you look at it.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
I think that is Mad Max's bike. Two ideas about brakes.
Option 1) what is the round rod just above the rear tire? Maybe a spring loaded friction brake operated by a cable we don't see?

Whadya think?
I think that is just a support bar. if you look closely that little "idler" has a linkage on it and it runs all the way to the front of the bike. the last i can see of the linkage ends right under that mirror. take a look and tell me what you think.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I think that is just a support bar. if you look closely that little "idler" has a linkage on it and it runs all the way to the front of the bike. the last i can see of the linkage ends right under that mirror. take a look and tell me what you think.
You are correct. I think that the mirror is blocking our view of the hand lever attached to the the top tube.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
I took another trip to get photos of the bike today.I got a pd unit to show me where the guy lived,and guess what,it was in a upscale part of town.I got him to the door and showed him the post i had copied told him i would like to see the bike.He said no because he did not want us to steal his ideas.more less ran me off.but he told me it had a frount brake with the lever on the top post.The cop who took me to him stoped me on the way out of town and apologize for the guys rudeness THANKED HIM AND IN PARTING SAID THAT BIKES IS OVER 49CC WHICH MAKES IT ILLEGAL IN MISSISSIPPI.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
OK, so the lever is the brake. I guess the idler is kind of a throttle/clutch with the idler pushing against the pulley it engages the "clutch" and when it is pushed back it didengages the "clutch".

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I took another trip to get photos of the bike today.I got a pd unit to show me where the guy lived,and guess what,it was in a upscale part of town.I got him to the door and showed him the post i had copied told him i would like to see the bike.He said no because he did not want us to steal his ideas.more less ran me off.but he told me it had a frount brake with the lever on the top post.The cop who took me to him stoped me on the way out of town and apologize for the guys rudeness THANKED HIM AND IN PARTING SAID THAT BIKES IS OVER 49CC WHICH MAKES IT ILLEGAL IN MISSISSIPPI.
Man Doc! Bummer Buddy. Hate folks like that. Truthfully, every thing on his bike or about his bike could be found here. The cool part about his build is that it is all on one MB. What a dink! Lets all get all liquored up an' have a chat with him! lol Does he know who you are!? Doc "Happy's agent" expletive Bolm!

That's it! I am gonna buy a ticket an' be on the next flight down! (might need bail money tomorrow, snork) ((we should ask Hiker to make that a smilie, that would be funny))

Speaking of Happy, did his brother ever arrive?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I will take care of your bail.Let me know and i will send the plane fo you.

LOL! as always, you rock doc!

(the judge told me I couldn't leave the state or beat any one with a mb muffler again)((leaves tell tale marks. Who knew? snork))

Last edited: