Best motorized bike upgrades for 80cc

GoldenMotor.com

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

The BEST bang for the buck speed wise (which I am assuming is your ultimate goal) is a
smaller rear sprocket.....That will net the most speed per dollar spent....A 34T sprocket for $24.95 plus shipping is THE best bang for the buck and will still leave $$ in your pocket!

Engine wise lots of small things can be done to the engine itself (example port matching the intake to the cyl jug, milling the head for increased compression etc...) and best part of all...some mods are FREE or at least very low cost if you have tools on hand

Have fun tinkering....Ride safely!

Andrew

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you want to go real fast for 70 dollars, I'll come over and put the bike in the back of my Ranger and go 60 mph and you can give me the 70 bucks.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...and it's about the best motorized bike upgrade for an 80cc you can get for the money ;)

I loves me mine Dremel lol

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
That could cause problems at any temp....unless you have a variable jet or other means of changing the mixture.
It can cause an overly lean condition (provided you can make an efficient one).

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
That's true, well wouldn't depend on the size of the pipe and length you could put a cone filter to restrict the airflow a little. When I tried this I used the plastic intake that came with the kit and made a hole about 1 inch, and used a vacuum hose and fence pipe that would go in front of the handle bars I left the 4 holes on the plastic untouched and the filter was left on as well. Boy did it get noisey and a noticeable power boost from a stand still I took it off because it look really stupid and lame.