Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
What do guys think of the cruiser I plan on getting that track board look it's gonna cost me 200 after taxes. I'm gonna use the 80cc jet black with this one.

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Ya might have top bar clearance issues with that 'un - have you measured it? You'll need somthin' like 11" from the bottom bracket to the top tube at a minimum - depending on where the engine sets on the Dtube and seatpost.

The rest of the numbers if ya need em: 4 1/2" inches of clearance between pedals, 1 - 1 1/2" tubing diameter for the Dtube and 1 - 1 1/4" seatpost diameter for an easy install w/o modification (mods aren't hard, just sometimes awkward)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I think "snug fits" look better - but they can be a serious pain in the... time investment lol I'd seriously recommend gettin' the engine kit first (if you haven't already) so you can see what yer workin' with.

Good luck - I'm lookin' forward to what you come up with (^)

Last edited:

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
Got the cruiser today now here's a problem it would fit if i removed the pedals but if i raise it a bit it thiers to much clearance but the is angle right could I use a spacer behind the engine or in front and does anyone have experience with longer frames

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Got the cruiser today now here's a problem it would fit if i removed the pedals but if i raise it a bit it thiers to much clearance but the is angle right could I use a spacer behind the engine or in front and does anyone have experience with longer frames
What about getting a wider pedal crank?
SB

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
Crank clearance is fine but the gear is big and tubing is welded to far from the engine would shimming help with this issue thanks.

Last edited:

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
I took one look at this bike and thought it looked a lot like the first motorbike I built, which was on an Electra Coaster 7d Frame.

If you look at my Electra Coaster 7 Project page on Tabblo you can see how I solved the long frame issue. Basically I extended the rear mounts with threaded rod but found I needed to add a vertical brace to dampen vibrations. It's all on my page.

You should be able to do something similar with the bike you have.