starting a new build US ARMY style

GoldenMotor.com

philymitch

Feb 7, 2009
Fresno CA USA
This is a new build I am doing. I started with a Schwinn beach cruiser and completely striped the bike of all components. I removed all the old blue pant and primer so I could start with a clean slate, and now I am painting it with od green. Next I will pull the covers from the motor and paint them the same green. Some how I have to find the stencils the us army used in the 40s. I will be using all steel rims with 12 gauge spokes front and rear with all black tires. The seat will be moved back 6in and ammo cans hung on the sides of the rear wheel for saddle bags. Thanks for looking at my new build and I will keep you posted with the progress.

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I had an ol' army jeep and I found to match style/size of the stencils it's far easier to print & cut yer own if yer familiar with Photoshop/Paint/any editor.

Oh and BTW - while there might have been a standard, IRL few if any of the motor pools used the exact same stencils (vintage anyway)... I doubt the poor grunts cared lol So use w/e font you think looks right ;)

"If it moves salute it - if it's still paint it" o_O

A few pics to help ya out;
1942 willys army jeep pics - Google Images

An interesting problem is matching the shade of OD to be period-correct lol but the "hunting camo" green found in most hardware stores is pretty close to WWII OD.

Nice project too BTW :D

Last edited: