Carbon build up

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I am thinking I have carbon building up in a 2 stroke/CG. (and the heart break of cerise-isus) The plug gap decreases and she starts really poorly. Well, takes a long while and a lot of UMPH. Then runs great. Plug looks great. Just less gap.

Just wondering how folks clean 'em up. Or am I wrong about "CBU" (the dreaded CBU)

She is my last working MB and don't want to tear her down until after it gets really cold/snowy.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
A little ATF in the gas cuts carbon like a hot knife through butter. I've seen people pour it directly into the carb on a car although it put up a smokescreen that you could march a platoon through unnoticed. lol

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I fixed it! The studs ripped out and broke the engine casing. Yay! LOL

Sad part is I really if any thing never over tighten and this is if not the only, one of the few China girl builds I have ever used good bolts on. The second time the engine let loose, (yeppers, on the same beer run. snork) It smacked me in the leg so hard it broke some cooling fins. (can not see in the pics but top, rear left just below the head) The really weird part (ya know it had to get weirder, I am involved) It happened at almost the exact spot I crashed last month. The neighbors have seen me twice limping home and carrying my MoonDawg MB.

In the great words of Hunter S. Thompson; "....It never got weird enough for me"

(Personally, I just wish it would not hurt so much, snork, snork, sniff)

.wee.

Attachments

Last edited: