49ccvs 80cc dimensions?

GoldenMotor.com

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
Does anyone know the actual size differences of the two motors? I mean I guess the only difference is going to be the jug and the head right?
What is the actual external dimensions from the base of the jug to the top of the head for both and how much shorter is the 49cc vs. the 80cc?
does anyone have a pic of the two side by side? I haven't had a 49cc physically so I don't know. I have a project in mind and want to know if the 49cc is "physically" smaller than the 80cc. It might be the deciding factor on my project.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Does anyone know the actual size differences of the two motors? I mean I guess the only difference is going to be the jug and the head right?
What is the actual external dimensions from the base of the jug to the top of the head for both and how much shorter is the 49cc vs. the 80cc?
does anyone have a pic of the two side by side? I haven't had a 49cc physically so I don't know. I have a project in mind and want to know if the 49cc is "physically" smaller than the 80cc. It might be the deciding factor on my project.
The motors are the same length front to back.

Why are you calling it an 80cc? There is no such animal.
48 cc and 66 cc both have the same stroke and the
distance from the gudgeon pin to the top of the piston
is the same so why would a 49 cc be shorter than a 66 cc?
it isn't.
I only have a 50 cc round head left and the fins on the 50 cc's
head are a little shorter but that will vary by brand.

A slant head will be the shortest.

If you smell like castor race oil it's a good thing LOL

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I believe the jug's a little roomier on a 66cc. Outside of that, you can't tell by looking. Theoretically, and hypothetically, if one wished to operate a larger cc engine in a state where it wasn't permitted to operate by law, one could remove any labeling identifying it as a larger cc engine and replace it with labeling identifying it as a smaller cc engine. I cannot in good conscience advocate such an action because, you must understand, in some states that practice would be a minor criminal act.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
In my opinion the laws that infringe on our freedoms in such a way should be a criminal act...

Yep this was a free country at one time!
Map, ol' buddy, from the lips of one who works within the criminal justice system, you don't know how much I agree with you. I truly do.

I am not at liberty to go into any great detail but, in a nutshell, at work I've been known to pour some serious "blood, toil, tears and sweat" into my end of the application of the law - simply because it was being misused and I needed to pull some other department's butt out of the fire before they made the news. But there aren't too many ways to affect some of the more bone-headed incoming legislation that may soon have an impact on those sent to my department, aside from badgering our congressmen.

It's all too true, Map: they can make illegal laws and even enforce them. And usually nothing will change until the Supreme Court hears about it