GoldenMotor.com

dmpatanis

Aug 23, 2010
Greece
Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
I bought a twist grip clutch handle. It's the same as the throttle handle. I twist it, set the button to hold it in
Cool, where'd you find that?

Nice vids Patani, but he never really shows how he get's it going, so its hard to say. With a centrifical you normally have to have a pull start. How does he start it?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Some of the centrifugal clutches have a spring on them that wraps around the shaft. Is acts like a one way clutch and allows you to bump start the engine.
Some folks have no problems with them. I do not trust the thing and removed my centrifugal clutch completely.

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.
scratg I found the twist grip clutch on e-bay from boygofast item# 170412014860. As for starting the motor. You either bump start it with the regular clutch or you need the pull start. Like I said in my other post the pull start is not mandatory. What I think you guys are overlooking is the old clutchpack is still in the motor. The centrifugal clutch is in addition to the clutch.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
scratg I found the twist grip clutch on e-bay from boygofast item# 170412014860. As for starting the motor. You either bump start it with the regular clutch or you need the pull start. Like I said in my other post the pull start is not mandatory. What I think you guys are overlooking is the old clutchpack is still in the motor. The centrifugal clutch is in addition to the clutch.
No overlooking here. I still have my old centi. clutch but much prefer the manual clutch.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
ah cool, I didn't know you could still bump start a centri. Yea you want to go easy on that little spring, heh heh. That ebay auction was kapoots, but I'll keep my eyes open for another though, thanks guys!