Cheap and easy to build trailer

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Parts: 2 wheel dolly, couple of 5 foot lengths of 3/4" PVC some rope or cable...I used old copper phone line and about 15 minutes

Weave the PVC pipe don the length of the hand truck weaving it in and out of the cross-members
Run cord, rope or cable thru the pvc atatching it to the middle pipe on the hand truck at the end closest to the ground.
Tie it secure at the end of the PVC closest to where it will attatch to the bike leaving some slack on the end
Tie the contraption to the bottom side of the seat...the wire on mine is plenty sturdy.
I also wound more phone cord the whole lenght of the pipes to make it more ridgid and secure.
The thing resembles a rickshaw at a 30% angle.
Go for a ride and watch everyone look at ya like U is crazy!

I'm gonna add a bumper sticker "Don't laugh it's paid for"

The biggest plus is plenty of places to tie down you load, under belly storage as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
That sounds much more stable than the cargo trailer I made from a razor scooter.
You're right. People do look at you like you are from outer space when you tow a cargo trailer. I like using it to take my 5 gallon gas can to get refilled since I don't have a truck.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Well I tried a slight modification that seems to be working well I bought a weed wacker mainly for the engine at a thrift store for $15 cut the shaft in half and bent the end so the head of the whacker is at a 90 degree angle then i attatched it to my bike rack with a few hose clamps makes for a real nice trailer hitch as it swivells and easily attatches / releases trailer by unscrewing the large plastic bolt on the end.

this thing came in real handy I just snagged a really old scwinn varsity road bike at another thrift store for $12 along with a 16 port dell 2216 switch for $3 that works great I am running thru it now.