A whole LIST of help needed :(

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I wish it didn't have that annoying high pitch :p

Various members in our forum have defined the *noise* of our engines such as this:

1. Pissed off chain saw
2. Bees in a can
3. Blender set on puree
4. Incoming RPG
5. Weedeater about to blow up

Laughs,
Salty.shft.

NerpAngel

Sep 28, 2009
Ellensburg,WA
So wait.. If I shorten the housing won't I have to shorten the cable too? I don't have one of those "pinch off the end of the cable cap things"....

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
So wait.. If I shorten the housing won't I have to shorten the cable too? I don't have one of those "pinch off the end of the cable cap things"....
Bicycle shops have them...or I've reused them. They will pull off then use a punch or an awl to open them up enough to slip back on the end of the housing. New ones work better though. Yes, you'll have to shorten the cable but not until you have the housing the right length. Get the clutch adjusted then snip off the excess cable with a good pair of wire cutters or a Dremel with a cut-off wheel. I like to solder the end of the cable to keep it from fraying before cutting. Leave a couple of inches and bend it back over the cable stop.
Tom

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
If you have an old bent bicycle wheel, you can use the spoke nipples to keep the cable from fraying. I've aslo used electrical wire end crimps too.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Shorten at the clutch arm end. If you cut it sharply, it will not fray much. In addition to the suggestions above, I just snip the round end off of an electrical spade connector and crimp that on.