4G-T vs Storm

GoldenMotor.com

ut1205

Jul 4, 2009
Tennessee
I've been looking at Gasbike's site. Given that they both appear to use the same engine what makes the 4G-T belt drive worth $100.00 more than the "Storm Kit".

.shft.

ut1205

Jul 4, 2009
Tennessee
Thanks for the reply. Based on that, may I assume that the EZ Motorbike kit that cost twice (correct me if I am wrong on the cost) what the 4G-T kit does is for the same reason? I understandthat EZ gearbox is "US Made"

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
From all accounts, the the EZM works well, but I have no personal experience with it. I do not think that anyone could say, at this point, that one is more dependable than the other (EZM v. 4G). The "Storm" gearbox, which is a Hoot, has a long and not very glorious history. The EZM is made in the U.S.A.

WayneC

Aug 2, 2009
Clearwater, FL
Why not look into the CVT to mount up to that engine. That way you get the best of both worlds for
<$75 for the CVT. You get the belt primary drive like the others AND the advantage of multiple
gear range from 7:1 (low) to 3.5:1 (high) primary! Do what you want with the secondary depending on
bike/rider weight, terrain, city or rural.
Just another (often overlooked) option. And no, I'm not a dealer, seller, vendor.
WC

cvlt1

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Need and adapter to get the clutch to work, then it's wide and drives on the right side, same as the pedal chain...or backwards on the left. Would like to see one work, though.

WayneC

Aug 2, 2009
Clearwater, FL
http://motorbicycling.com/f36/cvt-rack-mount-7265.html
Later in the thread he describes using the HS instead of the pocket bike engine.

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/wayback-machine-12938.html
Although the OP started with a Subaru and later converted to a 2 stroke. The mounting
to the engine is the same 4 bolt pattern and clutch size.

Left drive OR right. Left drive needs no special mounting adapters to correct for direction
of rotation. Right drive only needs spacer for pedal AND engine drive sprockets to work together.