Throttle Question

GoldenMotor.com

Evan

Dec 6, 2009
Mount Vernon, WA
Hello again
I'm having an issue with my throttle. Cant seem to get the idle down. The adjust screw doesn't affect the idle at all. When I mess with the cable connections I can only make it idle higher but never down to where I would like it. Any ideas?
Thanks, Evan

:-||

TheE

Jun 26, 2009
Canada
Take off the air filter and see if the slide is getting stuck...that would be the first place I'd look.

Gareth

Dec 8, 2009
Floriduh
You say you can only make it go higher with the cable adjustment, but do not actually state whether you have slack in the cable. As stated above, check your slide, but if you are not getting slack in the cable for some reason, you will never get the slide to fully bottom out.

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
I always lube the crap out of the throttle cable, your probly past that point though, for sure, make sure you cable is not too tight, and i think your past the air leak posibilities if i remember correctly from prior posts, good Luck and i like your build, i have been wondering for over a year now if i could mount a motor to a GT triple triangle frame!!! Thanks

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Hi, if you only need a little more slack, I had luck taking the locknut off of my throttle handle so I could screw the adjuster in that extra 1/4". This was on a rear mounted engine so I needed every mm.

Good luck!

Evan

Dec 6, 2009
Mount Vernon, WA
Well Guys it looks like it was a cable issue! Took the kill switch/throttle ass. apart and although the elbow where the cable goes in was tight it only went in a coupla threads at best. Took the cable out and chased the threads so the elbow went in much further, apparently giving me some slack. Only took about 15 minutes and I think I'm good to go. After I warm up a little I'll take iy for a decent ride. Thanks for all your help
Evan dance1 (p)