My New CNS Carb

GoldenMotor.com

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
My new CNS carb got here today. The install took about 10 minutes but I already had a modified intake on the bike. I had a hard time getting the motor started at first. Problem was the air screw was way to far out for my motor. Good news is it's a great upgrade over the stock carb. After a little tuning in I have a smooth idle and good throttle response. The best news is I can now cruise in my second to highest gear and gain speed. This was only possible with the stock carb if I had a strong tailwind. I haven't had a chance to get someone in a car to pace me but I'm guessing I went from barely being able to maintain 40mph to at least 43 now. If you get one I'd suggest turning in the air screw till it stops and then back out 3/4 turn to start. I have more acceleration and definately more top end too. I'm very happy with it.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Watch the stock air filter on those CNS carbs. I love the performance boost, but BOTH the CNS carbs I've purchased have had the stock air filter split where the rubber meets the metal. On one bike I bought a K&N filter. On the other I had to go back to the stock carb because there wasn't room for a different filter.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Ok is anyone else having a real drop in mileage with this carb? I am guessing right now but I think I have gone from about 120mpg to maybe 80mpg. I guess I'm paying for more power but 1/3 less?