oil under the engine

GoldenMotor.com

jbabb

Aug 3, 2009
usa
I am fairly new to the motored biking. I have two Chinese engines. One 80cc and one 49cc. I

Both have black nasty oil dripping on the floor after I park them. It is coming from under the engine.Does anyone know If I can stop this or is it just Characteristic of these beasts?

Thanks for the help.

jbabb
:-||

jbabb

Aug 3, 2009
usa
I forgot to mention that. I thought it was the exhaust as well. But it is actually running all over the back motor mounts of both engines. It is not a clean oil ( I use blue 2 cycle ) it is a wet Black gewy stuff.

It wasn't the exhaust pipe like I thought, and both engines seem to have it in the same place.

Is there some type of gasket in there?

jbabb:-||

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
what type of oil are u using (how much) my bike use to do that until i switch to amsoil oil right the only i get is the oil from the exaust that comes when i am running the bike

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Prolly not it - but I just spooked myself (not you guys spookytooth lol), I was doin' my usual "preflight" and I noticed the underside of MY motor was covered in "wet Black gewy stuff"

Yeah, well... as it turns out I was just a bit too enthusiastic last time I oiled my chain heh

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I was getting that as well, was almost a tar that would run down the mag cover and was in the cooling fins. Snugged up the exhaust nuts and switched to Opti-2 and it went away.

Revo

Aug 11, 2009
Az.
Mine did it too, try to screw the motor mount studs in all the way. Mine does'nt leak anymore.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
It's funny to see people use 16:1 mix which is about 3x what's needed then wonder why their bike leaves a black trail of oil behind. :)

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
When my carb was running rich it would spit black crap out of the exhaust. And since my exhaust gasket leaked it would come out there too.
But after I fixed my carb and got it running right, the black greasy nastiness stopped.