New source for old bikes, discovered!

GoldenMotor.com

Motorpsykler

Jul 2, 2011
Northern Wisconsin
So I'm out of town for a week of training outside of Philadelphia. I recently started my first MB project and I'm kind of missing it. Last night I went to a TGI Friday's for dinner. I spotted an old orange, white and chrome Haro Group 1 bolted to the wall. Exactly like the one I bought in the '80's when I worked in a bike shop and exactly like the one I have been casually looking to buy again for the last 5 years. It was all original except the seat and grips. I didn't even ask if they would sell it to me off the wall, I knew that wasn't going to happen and even if it did, how would I get it home on the plane?

So then tonight I go out to dinner again. This time to Red Robin, I walk around the corner and see this on display:

It's a really cool old Zundapp motorized bicycle. WTF? I'm on Craigslist night and day, I guess I should be shopping at chain restaurants!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
In Cleveland, right before I left there, some shops were starting to put old motorcycles and motorbikes of varied nature into their storefront windows, and place or hang stuff on them. Even ladies' boutiques. I began to see how clever that was. The male significant-other will be drawn by the bike, allowing the lady to shop in peace. Something for each of them. One shop had a mid-forties (I think) Crocker. I saw an old BSA once, and an Enfield - but those aren't that rare. I'd rather ride them, though, personally.