First Build Blues

GoldenMotor.com

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
Hi All!

Damned tough lil nut to crack. Nothing fits as is, the instructions well they were written in Chinese then translated into Aramaic then to Navaho and finally into English I must say, much was lost.

The kill switch goes to what and what?

The carb pieces just what was that to look like? The cable looked at first as if you'd run it in and then the clip looking thing would pinch onto it. not really?

I keep doing things and then say is that right, don't look right...

Can anyone direct me to good written instr. or clear pix

Tanks :-||

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
66cc ebay special, in black, as is my mood. going on a wally beach bike

The kill switch says that the white wire from the motor goes to the orange one with the red stripe and the other is the ground, yes?

The exhaust bracket is crooked to the frame, bend it?

How true is true for the sprocket?

Anyone have an exploded view of the carb cable assembly?

Any particular deity you pray to for these kits?

I am amazed that this has been done so badly.

This motor was designed for what bike? if any.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Don't lose hope! You will get it. I have faith in ya!

White wire goes to nothing for now but I digress.

Read, read, read. Some great info here. I am not passing the buck, just every tiny lil thing all on its own, can be found and I would be lost asking to dial in your exacts.

Don't lose hope. Gonna be a great high when she lights off.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I don't know if it will help you but go to grubeeinc.com they have detailed pics. and exploded views of the engine. Most all instructions will help you set your bike up. I found it very helpful when I started building. Or just take the cover off of the magneto and see which wire is grounded to the engine, one wire from the kill switch will hook here along with the wire from the cdi of the same color the other wire from the kill switch goes to the other pair of wires. It does not matter which wire of the kill switch you use for ground just dont cross the colors from magneto to cdi. GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

spacey

May 7, 2011
springfield, oh.
Hi ,
Sorry you're having a bad go of it . Did you check in the building forum ?
You'll be riding soon, all the answers seem to be here .
Good luck ....

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
Rohmell, Much thanks! That is just what I needed.

Going and reading thread and post after post for the pearls of info, sadly I do not have the time for.

What is the one thing that you have had to watch after it is up and running, sadly this will be my only wheels, need it up good and true.

Thanks to all for your input.

Ok, I've lit candles, burnt incense, bowed in the 4 points of the compass and have spent 10 minutes on my knees banging me head against the floor in tribute to the Chinese motor god, so feeling that I've covered all the bases, I will go back and do battle.

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
C) Install Engine Kill Switch: Select one of 3 kinds. A. Small handlebar type: B. Throttle kill switch: C. Kill switch on optional twist handle clutch. Attach chosen kill switch wire to white wire coming from engine. If switch has two wires, take one to frame grd. and one to the engine white wire.

Once again conflicting info, this from grubee site,
More head banging may be needed.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
C) Install Engine Kill Switch: Select one of 3 kinds. A. Small handlebar type: B. Throttle kill switch: C. Kill switch on optional twist handle clutch. Attach chosen kill switch wire to white wire coming from engine. If switch has two wires, take one to frame grd. and one to the engine white wire.

Once again conflicting info, this from grubee site,
More head banging may be needed.
Where on the Grubee site is this?
All I found was:
Great Magneto Mystery,

Oh, OK, I see, you were looking at the Skyhawk instructions...but if you look further down there is a diagram that shows the white wire NOT being used...
Well all I can say is that the guy is old and his brain ain't working the way it used to.

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Everone here knows how much trouble you can have with a engine that is so simple, don't give up on it just take your time.

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
I fear I may have to go throttle a Chinese person over this nightmare.
How clever of them to keep selling us things that do not work, break at first use, or are impossible to simply assemble.

Christ, I'd need a machine shop to do this in a timely manner, and if I had a machine shop I'd start from scratch and make my own damned motor.

Ok so I have the wires on and go back to shorten the chain, again and poof I've taken out to much, so I put back some of what I've taken out and and now have two master links in the chain...

once again the chain is to long the idler is maxed out, and the chain hangs at the sprocket, I had taken out the 3 links at is on u tube, same kit same beach bike... why it is different?

I take it out and try to roll it to drive the chain around and the top goes slack and drops on top of the lower chain.

So after 15 well chosen expletives, I try to peddle it back the 10 feet, when low and behold the peddle will not clear the exh pipe.

I threw down my tools, and as have many thought lets toss this pc of shyte in the dumpster.

Crap Chinese motor kit, going on a crap Chinese bike ... hard to believe that once they were an advanced people.

And we worried about their nukes... Ha if they are as well made as these kits, they are more danger to them then us.

I am going have a drink and lie down.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
You can make the pipe clear by ovaling the holes in the muffle flange if its not hitting by much. If you can post pics someone here will have answers.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
laff

Welcome to the club baby!

Nah, these things are not easy. Yeah I had mount issues, chain issues and exhaust issues. Oh, and tire issues too.

You will spend days working out these issues.

When they tell you it will be 4 to 6 hours to assemble, just substitute days and you will be close.

laff

I will never do another.