Can't wait to get started... Really!

GoldenMotor.com

colorider

Jul 8, 2008
Colorado
So, over the last month or so I have been looking around at some of the less expensive motorcycle kits. Everything from the Kikker 5150 Hardknock to a number of other kits out there on the market. I have been wanting to build something with two wheels, something that is greener than my car. Something fun though.

I'm a guy who hand painted flames on his own car, I am not shy about standing out in a crowd. This weekend I was walking in Old Colorado City with my family and stumbled upon Whizzers of Oz. They had a bright red bike out front, I knew that was the sort of project I was looking for. I still have a sting-ray in my garage for Pete's sake.

I have been spending all of my free time since then researching what my options are. I just returned from purchasing a brand-new Schwinn Cruiser bike that I plan to add an engine to. I am pretty sure I'll be going with one from Thatsdax.com

So... I am what you would call an "eager noob." I have already printed off my Colorado motorized bicycle registration application. Now, i just need to cough up the money for an engine.

So that is me. I have to start by saying thanks to all of you who have posted such awesome and helpful information. I think this is one of the most welcoming forums I have ever seen (funny to say that in a first post).

Thanks for having me!

Colorider

^5

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the site. i imagine you will be getting your new motor soon and see why we are all so crazy about this. glad to have you with us
:ride2:

colorider

Jul 8, 2008
Colorado
Cool, I have been getting started, I am hoping to pick the engine up next week while I am on vacation. I also will be posting my project on a blog just for this (just added it to my signature line).

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
hey welcome.

I can't wait to get started too. I just keep waiting for this money thing to happen, but crap keeps getting in the way :(

I read on your blog that you're going to do a local pickup from thatsdax. That's good to know that the option is available.

Where in CO are you at?