Comfort Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I decided to build me a daily rider for comfort. The bike doesn't really show it, but it has got some high dollar parts from a factory Reps. Sale.
The frame is a mid 90's Schwinn cromoly Mt. bike. All I need to do is put the chain on it, and wait for some snow to melt to take it for a test ride. That may be a while as it was -18 here yesterday morning, and only reached a high of 6 below yesterday.

John

Attachments

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
This is a very addictive hobby, isn't it?!? :D
Yes, It is very addictive! I have built three bikes so far this winter. They are completely finished and never even had gas in the tank yet.
My wife doesn't know it but I will be starting another one tomorrow, as soon as she goes back to work from her Christmas vacation.
I have so many MB's that I rented a small garage to store them in. Probably need to think about selling a few in the spring!

John

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Should be comfortable with the BMX bars.
Many times, I have contemplated renting a storage unit to hide the other motorbikes that I want to build from my wife.
It's a lot like building model cars. As soon as you finish one, you want to start another.
I have an AutoCAD file full of sketches of my future motorbike builds.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
John,
It looks great. Should be a comfy ride. I just finished my nephew's Christmas present. It's a 24" Huffy that I found at the Goodwill store for $30.00. Sweet little bike and I put dax 80 on it. No fuel in the tank yet cause it's freezing outside and my neighborhood is still snow packed and icy from the Thanksgiving snow storm. I'm anxious to see how this little bike runs. It looks great and the engine, although tight, looks like it belongs there. I'll get some photos and post them. I want to hear how your latest runs. It really looks good. But we all know you build quality bikes so its no surprise.
Tom