thumb throttle will it work?

GoldenMotor.com

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
Like tittle says I've never seen the inside of a thumb throttle but would it be similar to the twist ones. Just got to connect the cable inside? I found this one http://www.crossfiremotorcycles.com...ake-set-up-for-atv-with-dual-pulley-drum.html
Do you think it would work on our China doll engines?
I really like that one cause its all in one. Dual brake, throttle and brake light switch ( I plan on having a full light set up or at least working brakes lights)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There are a lot of builders who prefer the thumb style like those used on ATVs. What you don't want is one that doesn't return to the idle position when released. There are a few who like the idea of 'cruise control' using a throttle that stays where you put it. In my opinion that is an accident waiting to happen.

The throttle should automatically go back to idle when you release the pressure. It is an important safety feature that you need to consider.

Tom

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
That is exactly the same brake/throttle set up I have. I love it except for when I am riding long distance, my thumb cramps up. This also has the double brake set up so you can control both front and rear brakes.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
I put a thumb throttle on my new race bike, but took it off after testing it out for a few days.s
When braking, i had to use my thumb to grab the bars and it just felt uncomfortable.

But that's just my opinion.

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
On this topic, are all throttle compatible with 2-stroke/4-stroke engines?
Say could you use a twist throttle off eBay intended for happy time's on a Huasheng/other 4 stroke engine?