ignorant drivers thread !!!!

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
oh my god it can be just me..... today makes the second time i have been run off the road on purpouse !!!!

i pull up to a t intersection first at the lights right at the T at a red light and a green mini van pulls up behind me, i know he sees me i have a 500 luminant led head light and a 300 luminant led tail light, i know he hears me i run a strait pipe !!!! loud as **** !!!!! so the light turns green and i stick out my hand to signal left and take off pretty darn fast wile turnning left, i mean i took off faster than the average car driver would and then suddenly out of my left eye i see the green van comming at me from my left !!!! W.T.F !!!! is he trying to pass me on the left wile i make a left turn ????? wow he is on the wrong side of the road !!!!! as i get onto the main road he pulls on to the main road beside me from the wrong side of the road, we are side by side and he starts pushing me into the parked cars on the right so he can get on the right side of the road in the single lane! he couldnt pass me in time cause he was in the wrong side of the road and traffic was comming, so he swearves hard at me and drives me right into the side of a car, i swearved into the parked car so as not to be his by his moving one ! now he slows down like hes gloating or something and toying with me cause i am still on my bike and now driving behind him MAD AS **** ! and he is driving slow on purpouse !!! slower than 20 in a 30 mph zone !!! hes doing it to tick me off !!! he cut me off on the left hand side wile i was turnning left at a T and then pushed me off the road and now hes driving slow to tease me !!! so i rev it up and pull up beside him and right when i get beside him i see his window is down and hes leanning out ward already to say something like he was waiting for me !!!! at first i just say w.t.f dude whats whrong with you ? why would you cut off some one on a moped wile making a left turn at an intersection ? i was politew cause when i looked in i saw a wife in the other seat an a young kid in the back..... his responce..... well ashole you shouldnt even be on the road go drive on the sidewalk....... BOOOOOM !!!! my mind just let go ....... i called him a fat ignorant #@$##@@ and told him that i am riding a street legal moped and i was right where i was supposed to be ! and told him that he was a #@@#$% for purpously cutting me off on the left side wile making a left turn and knowingly forcing me into a parked car and then toying with me after, at this point his wife was looking down at the floor like she knew he was tottay wrong and she looked verry uncomfortable, felt real bad for swearing like that in front of his wife and kid but he was just so arrogant and ignorant it blew my lid i couldnt believe it ! he responds with slamming on his breaks and saying yeh you wanna go ? you wanna go ? pull over pull over ! he actually is trying to get me to fight him in front of his child ! i inform him that i am already pulled over and that he was an idiot ! he says again you want me to get out and kick your ass you want me to beat your face and exe exe exe... thats when i realize that i am still whereing a 5 ft length of supper heavy dutie 1 in thick motorcycle chain with a big old master lock on the end folded around my neck........so wile he is egging me on to fight him i grab the big enormous chain i use a a motorcycle lock from around my neck and hold it up with my right arm and i dont even have to say a word, his wife waves for him to take off franticly and he looks dead at me with a thousand yard stare or something and peals off wile staring me down !

i am litteraly still shaking with anger !!! you know that feeling of that adrenalin rush you get ... fight or flight and your whole body shakes just before a fire fight or a bad fight sintuation ? i am still coming down off that and still in disbeliefe !!!!

today a man tried to cut me of wile taking a left turn at a T intersection and then forced me off the road and then toyed with me after when he saw i didnt fall down or crash ! then he drove slow and waited for me to pull up beside him so that he could instigate a fight !

what is wrong with people !

since i have been riding mountain bikes and road bikes i have been hit by 4 cars, lady looking at and sipping a coffie hit me on a sidewalk pulling out of d&d, foringe guy ran a stop sign and hit me crossing in a crosswalk, pick up truck hit me head on ! wrong side of the road wile texting on his phone !, lady in a lincon side swipped me knocking me off my brand new shwinn 29er and drove away, and since i have been riding a motor bike i have been run down 2 time on purpouse !

i am almost ready to give up ! really i cant take this any more ! and after the insident i had the other day when my hub locked up ... i really am almost ready to start taking the bus !!!! i honestly dont think i can handle this ! mas drivers are insane ! it cant be like this every where !

it cant be just my luck .... srs... if you have had things like this happen to you plz share it with us ... i would like to here your story and maybe i can learn something from it .

tomorrow i am buying a helmat cam no F-ing questions about it ! i need evidence to share with the police !!!!

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
here is a crappy pic ... sorry guys ... i was just soo damn mad and needed to vent some how ! still would like to hear others stories though, if things like this have happend to you.... plz ... do tell !

Attachments

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
I've had people do that to me while I was driving cars, I've had people throw things at me while I was riding regular bikes from moving cars. Once a rifle casing and once a full water bottle.
Many tomes people pull out in front of me, or turn right in front of me. Those are mostly people that don't realize how fast a bike or motorbike can go..xx.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Take the bus baby!

There is no way I would be riding a bike in the dark during holiday season with all kinds of crazed drunks and people inna big hurry to get somewhere fast that their buddy just texted them on the phone.

Suicide.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
still shaking in my hands ! its been an hour and i am still shaking i am so mad ! there is a small part of me that wishes he got out of the car and took a padlock to the face ! but i am glad ... verry glad that nothing happened and also more happy that i kept as cool as i did, i did yell at him a little bit but mostly i was just speekig strongly without yelling cause his wife and child were there, he was the one cursing and using pofanity and instigating a fight, all i did was pull up and ask why he cut me off like that and knowingly force me off the road. thats when he tried to fight me and started up with the cursing so i gave a little back.

i am verry happy though that nothing happened.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Take the bus baby!

There is no way I would be riding a bike in the dark during holiday season with all kinds of crazed drunks and people inna big hurry to get somewhere fast that their buddy just texted them on the phone.

Suicide.
my motor bike does 40 ! i can keep up with any trafic in my aria ! and a 500 lum cree led headlight is brighter than a cars high beam its hard to look at from even 20ft away! i even have a 300 lum red cree led tail light thats as bright as an aftermarket custom tail light ! i also where my army back pack that has a huge reflective stripe across the back i am verry visable and with a strait pipe ... loud ! i know poeple can hear me even through closed windows !

this was on purpouse ! and it made me madder than i have been in a very long time !

what kind of person just decides that there going to run a man legaly riding a moped off the road ! what goes though there mind ? why would some one do that ? eeeeeerrrrrrrrr aaaaahhhhhhhhh ! damn it !!!!!!!

could you imagine just cutting off a bike and running it off the road for fun ? what is wrong with people !

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yup, that guy is nuts. Going on like that with his wife & kid as witness. Who knows?

His wife will probably leave him as soon as she can, he will hunt them down and kill them and if he sees you on the road before he gets arrested he'll just run you down and kill you too.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Yup, that guy is nuts. Going on like that with his wife & kid as witness. Who knows?

His wife will probably leave him as soon as she can, he will hunt them down and kill them and if he sees you on the road before he gets arrested he'll just run you down and kill you too.
LOL i jsut laughed a lil ... thanks for that.

he may have been drunk ? i couldnt tell and was not paying attention, he was however very verry arrogant and jerky, prob yells at his wife too. i hate those guys with a passion !

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I've noticed there are a whole lotta homicidal *******s on the road this holiday season, and they're usually driving a shiny new leased car. It's getting so bad I don't look forward to doing this commuting thing again, and I'm on the freeway in a car. People think that 5 star crash rating and airbags give them a license to use their cars as weapons. I can almost read their poisoned minds, and identify the moment they see me and the dipswitch throws inside their heads and they start gassing, braking, or swerving in and out of traffic. I gotta get a minivan... lol

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Sorry to hear that you had a close encounter of the idiot kind.
I am glad that you are still here with us!
Not getting involved in a roadside brawl with the idiot was a good thing.
They've usually lost the capacity to learn right around when puberty started.
Now... if a wife and child were not involved here, please do attempt to educate these idiots! They do not deserve to share the road with any one or any sort of vehicle.
Like the classic Hank Williams Jr. song goes, attitude adjustment, works every time.

Now off on a tangent here......
I drive 11 miles each way to and from work, mostly on the freeways.
I routinely have idiots cut me off, short stop in front of me so they can force an opening in traffic to jump 3 lanes over and barely make the off ramp they nearly missed, refuse to let me merge onto the freeway and force me into the emergency shoulder lane, so forth and so on. The same stupid stuff we all here deal with if ya live near the big city.
I have witnessed all sorts of weaving, hard breaking, close calls of sideswipes to other cars traveling with the flow of everyone else on the road so that the one hot shot idiot can get 3 car lengths ahead of everybody else in the far left lane. Then the idiot gets caught behind the Lincoln Town Car doing 64 MPH in the left lane and everyone the idiot just pissed off catches up to him/ her.

Why is it that 9 times out of 10 the idiot is driving a Toyota Prius?

Last edited:

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Sorry to hear this.

First off; you did right by being concerned about the wife and child's well-being right from the start and by not forgetting that as you got even more angry.

And you did right by venting here. Or you don't need to apologize for it, anyway. I'm sure every single one of us knows exactly what you're feeling. Even if you'd vented amongst a bunch of auto driving bicycle haters, you'd have still been right.

There's just a certain number of them out there who are so enraged by our very presence on the road that they will play fast and loose with our lives. Sure, they'll be sorry after they kill someone. But that doesn't make it any better. Might even make it worse. And if the devil himself gets a hold of them in the end I'm not gonna be really sorry about that.

But there's not a lot we can do. Ride knowing that one of them might show up at any time. Make adjustments accordingly. Hope for better days to come.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
guys we are on small motorized bicycles compared to giant heavy cars and trucks. right or wrong what they do I expect it sadly enough to say, I keep an eye on my rearview mirror and a car I don't trust is coming up my rear I pull off the side of the road and let them pass. I see someone at an intersection I stop and let them go or I go around behind them. we hit I am the one that will be hurting not them so I am cautious as heck. I am old and I hate pain

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
This is much more mild than rogergendron's original story. But I did come across an idiot on my homeward bound commute tonight.

There's a point where I was coming out of a parking lot to cross the street and go through another strip mall parking lot. As I made my approach, the coast was clear. I have a wide view in both directions. No cars.

But then a pickup truck turned the corner and came my way, giving it the gas. Had I not, just that moment, decided to go, then I probably would have slowed and waited for him to pass. But I could gauge the situation. And though the margin of error was smaller than I, rather conservatively, usually give myself, it wasn't too close. I went for it with no fear of collision or even near-miss.

Now I'm also a highly visible rider. I have six --Yep, 6-- headlights mounted on a light bar up front. I have two tail lights. Plus I wear a hunter's orange jacket with reflective vest over it. No one can plausibly claim that they didn't see me. I'll admit that there were a couple of obstructions in his line of sight toward me. But the only one that would've really counted was transparent. It was a bus shelter. But regardless of my bright appearance, I didn't expect him to see me through these obstructions. They never do. They don't try.

But that didn't matter because my lead was large enough. I got through with plenty of room to spare. I was in the parking lot that I was aiming for before he passed behind me. Three traffic lanes, shoulder, sidewalk: we must have been 40 feet apart. As he passed I could hear him yelling at me. But I couldn't hear just what he said.

I did hear the last two words, though. And those last two words were --get this!--- "side lights".

I will admit that he might have been a bit startled when he suddenly saw me dash on through. But the gap was large enough that he should have known, and probably did know, that everything was all right before the words, "Uh-oh" even fully formed in his mind. I'd certainly forgive him for feeling a flash of mild annoyance. But he could also see that I knew what I was doing.

But he apparently couldn't let go of his unjustified grudge. So he floundered, looking for some criticism he could level against me. And he had to settle on faulting me for not having side lights!

This flea-brained nitwit (any more bug-brain metaphors?) should be thrown into a cinder block dorm and given a ration of cold chicken foot soup for the rest of his silly little life. And not be allowed out because he's unfit to mingle with those of us who pull our own weight and show some reasonable amount of respect to the strangers who share our roads.

Does that sound harsh? Okay. But it's only a little bit harsh.

And I'm not really as angry as I sound toward this guy. I'm just having fun telling anyone who'll listen what a fool he is.

But something good did happen afterward on my commute. I can't tell you about it, though, because that would be thread hijacking.

Take my word for it, though. It was cool.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I bet that a lot of those 'special people' think it's just some wimpy dude on that 'toy of a motorcycle'........makes 'em feel superior when they start something.

After being on this forum, I've seen that most of us don't give a rat's patoot how others think of us. And that, my friend, is something that those 'special people' aren't anticipating.................

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
I bet that a lot of those 'special people' think it's just some wimpy dude on that 'toy of a motorcycle'........makes 'em feel superior when they start something.

and then a 190lb ex body builder and 6 year army veteran with a big ole motorcycle chain gets off his wimpy lil bike..........and thats ussulay when they peel off and drive away LOL

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
In my area I just try to stay outta the way of automobiles. And most of the time,they just want race,which is just silly.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
In winter I seem to meet as many nutball motorists when driving my van as I do at other times on my bike. But in general, motorists seem less worried about hitting a biker (around here anyway) than they are about hitting another automobile - or my big old van. Whereas we bikers are considerably more vulnerable than the motorist. One can only drive like one is invisible, and hope that a careless motorist's own stupidity will take care of him in due time.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
I've had several people throw things, cut me off, swear at me, honk at me and then go around me. I'm riding 27 mph in a 25 zone and some clown lays on the horn, doesn't signal, goes around me and steps on it. Our motorized bicycles get little to NO respect. Then there's people that run on foot and try chasing me, I just give it some throttle and they're history....see ya! :D I don't feel safe driving a car let alone my motorized bicycle in my state, people need to learn how to drive or better yet, stay off of the streets! So many drivers are rude and inconsiderate and love revving their big gas guzzling engines to show off, and then they fly at 45 in a 30 zone. Or 65 in a 55 zone.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
In my area I just try to stay outta the way of automobiles. And most of the time,they just want race,which is just silly.
PLUS, they speed up and floor it around you just to slam on the brakes for a red light! How did that work out for you? For crying out loud! Very silly, helps nothing. We're not driving nascars on a racetrack, so why RACE? Just endangers everyone else's lives and property.