1930's Warwick Motor Tricycle Project

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Not mine, but I thought it interestin' ;)

1930's Warwick Motor Tricycle Project.
£650.00

http://www.timgunn.cc/shop/4579655568/c.1930's-Warwick-Motor-Tricycle-Project./6976121

Powered by a Powerpak cycle engine. This powered warwick tricycle project would make a great basis for a cyclecar or vintage motorised delivery machine. I bought it at an auction, but too many other projects means it needs to find a new home. Originally designed to take a large box or built for delivery purposes, you can adapt it to the way you want it. The front axle is center pivot like a Bedelia cyclecar and is steered by handlebars fitted to the box etc. It was missing the front section of the rear mudguard, but I found one of the same pattern, but is not fitted. It was also missing the front wheels, but I found a suitable pair of 26" x 1.3/4" wheels with correct hubs, but no axles (see images), so these would have to be made. The project includes, the front wheels, front axle with springs, frame, large leather saddle, mudguards, chainset, rear wheel with large drum brake, powerpak cycle motor with number plates and tax disc. Registered: GHV 434. Tax disc indicates is was registered last on the 20th May 1953. No registration documents.

More images here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/theoldbicycleshowroom/sets/72157637696231103/

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
That is indeed an interesting bike. I've seen them as a delivery trike and often thought that it would be great to own one. Thank heavens my wallet is flatter than a pizza and I have no place to put it.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
That could be an interesting build indeed. No front axle and steering to deal with and one pivot point. I would have the motor as a chain drive either on the rear rack or maybe build the frame so the engine is down low.
Buggy seat springs to mount the box on and your good to go.

Silverbear, I think we're in trouble again.

Steve.