new here, old projects

GoldenMotor.com

canthelpitimaguy

Oct 7, 2013
New Jersey
Names Ryan and I'm new to the forum but I'm not new to bike engines or engines in general.

I made a occ mini chopper about 4 years ago during a long boring summer of night work. Since it has fallen apart from serious abuse. I will post those pictures and youtube links when I get to my computer.

I plan on moving the engine over to a mini bike frame to be used as a pit bike on trips. The idea is to make the engine as performance oriented as possible without going to too many aftermarket parts and at the same time keep the reliability of a lower performance engine.

I will start a build thread later with more details on that project.

More info on me, I'm a mech eng major with a concentration in automotive eng. I have been around engines of all kinds my whole life. I am fascinated by hit and miss engines for some unknown reason.

I have rebuilt countless chainsaws, lawnmowers, and dirtbikes...two stroke and four stroke. I have recently finished rebuilding a ford ranger 2.9l and am pursuing a low pressure turbo build on that engine. I share a lifted 4.9l f-150 with my brother that will seriously run till the end of time. I am also restoring a classic vw beetleto become a street drag monster. I have owned a rm125 which I traded for a warrior that I still have and put way to much money into four it to still be stock... I'm embarrassed to say I bought a chinese dirtbike that I have rebuilt twice and put a new head and jug on all for less that $250. Probably the cheapest parts for any bike in history. I have ktm 250exc that I have been fixing up. Can't bring myself to get rid of my first bike. My main rocket is a cr500 which I treat better than myself. Finally I have a yerfdog 3202 that I'm going to put a few cheap go fast parts on. That kart has the most durable engine I've ever seen.

So thats me and my projects. I am under the same name on various other websites which I won't mention cause I don't want to violate any forum rules that I may not have fully understood...

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy and welcome.

Know what you mean about Hit-N-Miss engines. Just some thing about 'em. The sound, especially. Rhythmic and soothing.

canthelpitimaguy

Oct 7, 2013
New Jersey

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Does anyone else have trouble posting pictures to the forum from a moble device?
I did a search and it came up with these, Cantel. http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...s to the forum from a moble device&gsc.page=1

For that, I email pics to my self and upload to photobucket. I am sure that is a ridiculously hard way to do it but works.

I have yet to try this but looks promising; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.photobucket.android&hl=en

Also, from our host, Paul;

we installed forum runner on the site for those of you that have smart phones and tablests. it seemed to be the fastest and best one i could find. they have a free version which is read only or you can get the $1.99 version which is what i got. with the paid version you can post pictures and do everything else. seems to work well so far. let us know what you think. we do not make anything on the ap and it was added because we have had so many requests

Forum Runner iPhone Client
search "Forum Runner" in the App Store on your iPhone,

Forum Runner Android Client
search "Forum Runner" in the Google Market on your Android device:
Hope some thing there helps ya.