homemade shifter kit

GoldenMotor.com

rich4240

Jun 6, 2012
lefroy
hi i know your all going to say its not smart to make my own shifter kit or its going to cost more to bulid then buy but thats not the case just had to out that out there
anywas my good frend works at a go kart track/shop and can get me all the jack shaft barings and the shaft it self and the gears to go on it.
i have axcess to metal workign equmint to buld the jackshat place ie. benders sheers sheet metal bender and so on and mig and stick welder.
i have the basic idea how it bulid it all just can t seem to find a free wheeling crank dose anyone have a idea were to find a set

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
hi i know your all going to say its not smart to make my own shifter kit or its going to cost more to bulid then buy but thats not the case just had to out that out there
anywas my good frend works at a go kart track/shop and can get me all the jack shaft barings and the shaft it self and the gears to go on it.
i have axcess to metal workign equmint to buld the jackshat place ie. benders sheers sheet metal bender and so on and mig and stick welder.
i have the basic idea how it bulid it all just can t seem to find a free wheeling crank dose anyone have a idea were to find a set
LOL, that's the EASY part:

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=0vjb3gsm5nj7tkij1gbo8e0vm1

Just buy what you need. I only wanted the crank arms, freewheel and 24t sprocket for my shift kit.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

rich4240

Jun 6, 2012
lefroy
im looking in to useing reeds and reed block off kx65 dirtbike i can get the set for like 204 and make my own mounting case right now i have a expanction chamber but i have to motor apart now im going to mesure all my ports and make my own tuned pipe
Looking forward to seeing the pics of it up and running.

what reeds are you using?

The heavy duty freewheel is recommended.
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ducts_id=62&osCsid=0vjb3gsm5nj7tkij1gbo8e0vm1

rich4240

Jun 6, 2012
lefroy
also for now i will just use the chhep freewheel well buliding everything then when the $ come in ill ordder the hevey dudy one wuth the diffrence that makes it wort so much more when is internly diffrent

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
also for now i will just use the chhep freewheel well buliding everything then when the $ come in ill ordder the hevey dudy one wuth the diffrence that makes it wort so much more when is internly diffrent
Don't waste your $$; buy the good one. The cheap one's gonna break, your bike will be down while you're scraping up $$ and waiting for your order to arrive.

It happened to my friend Ed and his bike.

It's the kick starting that breaks the cheap freewheel.

rich4240

Jun 6, 2012
lefroy
i dont peddle start bike bike its pull start just peddle aroundd the cops

Don't waste your $$; buy the good one. The cheap one's gonna break, your bike will be down while you're scraping up $$ and waiting for your order to arrive.

It happened to my friend Ed and his bike.

It's the kick starting that breaks the cheap freewheel.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Ok, if you have pull start, the inexpensive freewheel will work.

I have several of those and one deluxe freewheel. I pullstart mine, so the cheap 'wheel works very well for me..bld.

rich4240

Jun 6, 2012
lefroy
i have bine thinking about this set up as i have all the nessary stuff to do it in my room aredy
http://www.instructables.com/id/Powercranks-for-less-than-600/step4/Enjoy/
i would make it look a bit more pleasing the that any thoughts on this idea
beaing that i never peddle the bike i think the idea should work only time the peddels move is then i see a cop
Ok, if you have pull start, the inexpensive freewheel will work.

I have several of those and one deluxe freewheel. I pullstart mine, so the cheap 'wheel works very well for me..bld.
I tried to find it but someone has already done it useing ten speed part.Check out u-tube..............Curt

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
There was a kid in my neighborhood that made one of his moped crank arms affix with the square drive loosely with a pin, so he could turn the pedals into pegs of a sort. I think as long as the pedals are on the bike, you're okay.