Newbie...Nice Forum

GoldenMotor.com

(FMF)Doc

Aug 19, 2012
Florida
New to the world of motorized bikes, but just purchased a new/old kit still in the box for $20 at a garage sale. Appears to be an 80cc but there are no names on any of the products/boxes/ and owners manual so I will assume it is one of the Chinese brands I have been reading about on this forum.

So, I need to get a bike to put it on now...any suggestions? I am going to look for a used bike, do not want to put much money in it, basically want to see if it works first.

I'm sure I will be doing a lot of reading here and asking questions since the manual is, well, lets just say it might be good for wiping my hands but not much else...

Dave

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
welcome. thats an awsome score 20$ for kit!

if your looking for a bike, get one with good brakes. some people have problems mounting the sprockets to bikes with coaster brakes. just make the hub is smaller diameter than the hole in the sprocket. i like having a bike with gears so i can keep it in a low gear to help with faster take offs. make sure the frame has a large enough opening for the motor to fit in. have fun, good luck with your build.