How to turn a whole city against us .

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Oops!

I think it's funny! lol

BBut I'll agree it's obnoxious, probably shouldn't be done, and is most likely gonna do MABs some harm unless he only uses it in parades and raves.
rc

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Honestly, it wouldn't save your life - they take too long to spin up for it to serve ANY purpose other than to annoy when on a bike.
Anything can help when you are in he middle of Cagers. Maybe not that particular triple horn system but there are others on the market for our purposes. First rider awareness is critical also bright color and also if you are not blasting it and being obnoxious loud horns. People say loud pipes saves lives maybe thats kinda like this?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I can see it now. I honked the mighty horns and it was so loud the guy behind me panicked and accidentally ran over me. Shortly after their was a 5 car pile up.laff

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I am going to wire air horns into the rear bumper of my truck lol. So when the one up tight guy behind me honks his horn I can immediately honk back.laff

Naw not really

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
People say loud pipes saves lives maybe thats kinda like this?
Bad idea. Very bad idea.
That myth has been a thorn in the side of the motorcycle industry for longer than I have been alive.
What has it lead to you might ask?

1. Mandatory factory exhaust for any motorcycle manufactured after 1982.
Some cities have ordinances now where if your bike does not have the factory compliance stamp on the muffler canister your bike can be impounded on the spot and there is nothing you can do about it.
2. Random "safety" inspections for motorcycles only, placed on popular motorcycle routes.
3. Decibel meters installed as standard equipment on many police cruisers to measure the volume of your exhaust whenever they have a "reason" to pull you over.
4. Catalytic mufflers on motorcycles. In part they do help reduce smog emissions, but they also reduce the volume of the exhaust note to a housefly's fart. Also see #1 above.

Now all that said, the motorcycle industry has the AMA, the MMA, and ABATE all who fight for motorcyclists rights. So far they have been able to postpone the enactment of most of these draconian laws, but the noose has been tied. It is only a matter of time now.

The motorized bicycle industry and all of the good folks whom love MB's have no such groups as AMA, MMA and ABATE to support and fight for them.

Don't give the feds, state, or local law enforcement any fuel to irrationally limit or outright ban MB's due to loud exhaust. Loud exhaust is all ready on their radar and could be the end all of it all. Most law makers don't understand our hobby and lifestyle and don't care to. They only want to appease the whiners and complainers who lobby the politicians.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Quick note on exhaust notes. Don't give the Leo's any reason to look at you twice, ...or once if you can.

I've seen these around for hogs and hotrods, little pricey for MB's though :p

"Electric cutout exhaust bypass system."(Google) It's for the track officer srsly :D

Bottom tube to quiet pipes, bypass to the "loudener" by the flip of a switch. Cool, eh?