Hello in Ky

GoldenMotor.com

etownbuy

Jul 24, 2011
Cecilia, Ky
Hello guys I just installed a 2010 skyhawk 66cc slant head kit on one of my bikes as a play toy. it is on a Trek 820 mountain that I converted to a single speed road bike several years ago. I was trying to found little free upgrades and came across this site. I just got mine running today and it was a blast. tonight I got the "mod" hair up my rear and took the catalyst converter out of the muffler so it is essentially straight thru now. I cannot give feedback because it is 3am my neighbors may not appreciate it. Tomorrow I am going to go pick up a NGK plug for it because I have already had the china plug foul within 2 test rides. so far though I really like it and have had a blast 3 of my biking buddies came over to check it out and all of them had the same grin ear to ear when they got back to the house!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Using a name brand spark plug made an instant improvement on my China girl.

etownbuy

Jul 24, 2011
Cecilia, Ky
just a update with my bike collection I am a Trek Guy first off my legit mountain bike
Trek 6500slr all raceface and XTR components kind of a expensive build but worth it.

and my old 4500 mountain now taken apart this may be my next motor build

more update later with the motor bike

etownbuy

Jul 24, 2011
Cecilia, Ky
the pipe worked out good it has a little more pickup than it did before. I put a total of about 25 miles on it before the intake pipe vibrated itself to death and broken so I ordered the CNS billet intake from BikeBerry. I also ordered 2 sets of drill bits for the carb jeting. while waiting for that to arrive I remounted the engine to make it level put a old MSD ignition wire on the coil, changed out the wheels and put the suspension form back on it as well as a better front brake since it is my only one at the moment.

first pic is how the bike was at first it was rolling on some huffy road wheels from the 70's i did not have much faith in the tiny axles.

so since it was down I put all the parts back on the bike to make it more mountain bike again than road bike. once I get all the parts in and make sure it works I am going to buy a set of slick tires for less rolling resistance and smoother ride.