Fat Cat Expansion Pipe

GoldenMotor.com

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
I was planning on ordering this pipe for my MB, but I have a few questions about it first. If anyone has or has had this exhaust, how does it perform next to the stock pipe? Also, will this pipe fit without getting a longer bottom bracket spindle (3pc)? I really am considering this pipeFat Cat Chrome Expansion Chamber - $49.99

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
A buddy's kid got that 'un for his ride, it was a direct bolt-on w/o any modification needed. The flange's mount holes oversized a bit we could turn it slightly to clear the pedals on his mountain bike - while it was a cartage style crankset, the pedals were no wider apart than normal. I would recommend some sort of secondary support, I'd worry about the exhaust studs elsewise.

As for power gain? According to the kid it's "awesome" but who knows what that means lol, I noticed it was a bit faster and ran a bit smoother when we took our bikes out for a spin...

It's also freakin' LOUD lol, but he loves that too o_O

:p

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I have ran a few of these with excellent results and the difference between this and the stock pipe is substantial. As for noise, well I control that with my right hand. It is easy to come off the throttle and quiet things down as I motor by people. I do improve them by cutting off the stock flange and using my own ported flange. I also tuck it up and back towards the bottom bracket when I do the flange swap.

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
Cool, cool. I think I'm going to get this pipe. Thanks for the input. I wanna see how this pipe does against tommyboy's pk80 w/sbc pipe.