Fender Vibrations.

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Hello, I just bought some fenders for my bike, and they vibrate my bike alot at high rpms. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to stop the vibrations, or at least dampen them a bit in my fenders? It doesn't seem like I can tighten anything or put any other brackets on, or maybe another bracket at the ends of the fenders would work? Any suggestions? Thank you. :)

Attachments

fernando

Oct 2, 2009
Naples
i'd try to use some rubber washers inbetween ur fenders and the place it mounts to. is ur back fender touching the motors chaindrive? mine did, i had to bend it outta the way to avoid further rubbing and vibrations

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i run fenders on all my bikes. it looks like (to me, anyway) that your fender struts are pretty cheesy. plus, they've got a lot of extra parts to rattle around. i usually use WALD fenders, that are heavy duty, and have been around for a hundred years. they still make them, along with struts and other brackets.

here's a link to a place: Fender Parts | BikepartsUSA.

i've heard of people using undercoating spray paint on the insides of them, too. i think i'm gonna try that out on my next one.

just make sure they don't come loose, or you're OTB.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
i run fenders on all my bikes. it looks like (to me, anyway) that your fender struts are pretty cheesy. plus, they've got a lot of extra parts to rattle around. i usually use WALD fenders, that are heavy duty, and have been around for a hundred years. they still make them, along with struts and other brackets.

here's a link to a place: Fender Parts | BikepartsUSA.

i've heard of people using undercoating spray paint on the insides of them, too. i think i'm gonna try that out on my next one.

just make sure they don't come loose, or you're OTB.
If you must use fenders, use GOOP on and around all brackets...very strong, i also use Goop on the motor mounts and around the mount bolts after install...great product...strong and flexible...Dennis

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
These fenders were the best ones the pro shop had there. They were $50! They seem to have cured themselves though, I no longer have fender vibration, and I didn't do anything. lol. So I guess it's all good. I keep checking all the fasteners, nothin's coming loose. I'm curious how the vibs stopped, but oh well I guess! lol, my bike doesn't vibrate much, so I don't think I have to worry too much. I'll always check them though. I routinely check everything now, since I have alot to inspect. lol. Thanks to everyone for your help! :)

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Got a car stereo shop nearby? If so stop by and ask if they'll let you have scraps of Dynamat. Very dense, self adhesive and it'll easily conform to the inside of your fender.