54 Roadmaster Luxury Liner BT Mod

GoldenMotor.com

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
You gotta do what you gotta do lol

Why was it sliding off? No idea at this point. Second time its happened in a week.
Are you using the red locktite for your set screws ? Yes but blue. Need to change evidence suggest.

Just don't use to much, I had one **** of a time trying to get the screws out... After a couple twisted Allen wrenches I had to used FIRE to break the locktite. Yes I have heard that red stuff sticks. I am torch bolts to break them free often.

I bought a 28 t sprocket from USA bearings and belts, with two set screws. Why?

And I see you have a couple of stiff links? Mine did the same, even though it was properly lubed... The supplied chain is kinda of sucky, I spent a lil more money and a better quality # 35 chain that's a bit thicker.

This is something to consider. I have had nothing but problems keeping the primary chain tight. It keeps stretching or something. Secondly the last 29er we built with AGK JS is having same problems. Do you have a source for #35 upgrade chain?
Oh I typed into your quote and pressed send and its making me write outside the quote so it sees me saying something I guess

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
I needed the 28t to get the right reduction, the 22t was to small. Plus it was made of steel not aluminum

http://www.bmikarts.com/35-RLV-Extreme-Chain-Gold-on-Gold-_p_636.html
This is the chain im using now, though im kinda mad that the goped shop i got it from was selling it for like 37 bucks... almost doubling the price... but it needed then and there
Im also using the chain wax lube, stuff works pretty good

ITS GOLD!

New Xtreme #35 performance chain 40" go kart racing
This chain is made with RLV's patent pending angular split bushings. These bushings are formed from strip steel that is formed and die-sized around a precision mandrel to create a bushing with excellent roundness, superior strength and very little wall thickness variation.

From the Seller
Some of the immediate and direct benefits are as follows:
•Reduced joint wear/less elongation
•Improved bushing endurance's
•Reduced sprocket wear
•Smoother sprocket/chain engagement
•Reduced vibration
•Improved chain fatigue resistance
•Better bushing retention inside chain bar
•Reduced drive system noise

This chain won't wear out those expensive clutch drivers and rear sprockets like the cheaper chains. An Extreme Performance Kart Chain will last 3 to 10 times longer than those cheaper chains. Chain comes with a master link but I strongly recommend throwing it away and putting chain together with a pro style chain breaker.

Ordered two as I have two applications RMLL an Orange Peel this eBay seller has fantastic pricing. Sellers name is mcracing88. Site auto subtracted freight on second chain. Cost $14.99 each and I was charged $29.88 and $8.99 shipping from Florida to Washington State.

Thank-you ocho ninja for responding and keeping me pointed the right direction.

This forum is GREAT!

Attachments

Last edited:

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
No problem that why were here, to help each other out.
Actually there was enough links included for two jack shafts in one of those packages. I have enough to replace my chain later on if it wares out... and that's running a 14t on the clutch and 28t on the input.

As it says, the chain is alot smother and quieter than my old chain... Had so much trouble with my old chain, stiff links, stretching out, i finally scrap it when one of the links inner plates slid over to one side and ruined it self.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Following ocho ninja's leed I purchased two sexy 35 chains and they arrived on March 10 and had only been ordered or March 7th.

Pic one showes the chain fitted with what was left in my hand. Not enough for two motorized bicycles. But I supposed there will be for 3 when I put the other chain on the not yet finished Orange Peel.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
1954 was a long time ago. A weld on the chain guard failed. Repair was simple. Bit hard to weld thin rusted steel with a HF $89 wire feed but I think it will hold and looks ok. Just blew out a small hole. There is some nice penitration on the inside you can see the puckerd stee. Let's be clear I would not hire me to weld!

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Oh I almost forgot the gold chain is nice, the bike does seem to ride beter with the new chain. Time will tell Ive just got 10 miles on the chain and I did notice the difference. It sounds different, had a clean vibration and seemed to respond beter.