Scored!

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
$10 bucks at a yard sale. Found it literally within 15 minutes of selling the rack mount build...don't need to tell me twice!
dry tires hold air. Needs nothing else.
Steel is real yo.

Easy to add V-brakes if I feel like it, but probably just kit and flip it to help with parts for the OCC.
Just what I needed, another bike for the herd.

Last edited:

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
This is the second example of this same Huffy frame I have found in my area.
Apparently someplace had a good sale or something! This one is in great shape too! Stored inside for decades.
The first one had totally wasted cables and serious rust and cost $15.

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Ever hear of a Harley bike? I have one that was picked up at a Goodwill store for 25.00. Like new also. My herd is looking like yours also with the exception on the ones I have robbed parts. Had a real nice mountain bike I cut up for parts on a Zombie build. Oh well. gphil

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Lots of people have heard this one, but mine was free. A 1948 (or so) JC Higgins that didn't sell at a yard sale (probably because the harsh intervening years since then were very plain to see). With a bit of elbow grease and good paint she cleaned up nicely.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Final version with 49cc parts engine installed and running like a sewing machine.

Had a man offer to trade me a running '73 Pace Arrow motorhome for it.
Sounded too good to be true but I have since inspected the motorhome and he is serious!
Here's hoping he can find the title!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Final version with 49cc parts engine installed and running like a sewing machine.

Had a man offer to trade me a running '73 Pace Arrow motorhome for it.
Sounded too good to be true but I have since inspected the motorhome and he is serious!
Here's hoping he can find the title!
Nice....... wow that sou ds like an awesome trade maniac...

Map

copmagnet80cc

Jan 7, 2014
Ohio
Found an old steel Huffy bike similar to this is got from my uncle for free i put my motor on and works great and looks great

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
I had one of those bikes in my early teens. Trouble with it was, I never grew big enough to ride it comfortably. Was a good bike, though. Nice work, and good luck with the motor home!