I want a Stealth Bomber, lord help me.

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
One thing I can think of right off the top of my head to double the range of a Fighter would be to just carry an extra battery. I could install a seat post rack to carry or mount it on.

Increasing the top speed is going to be a little harder I think.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
One thing I can think of right off the top of my head to double the range of a Fighter would be to just carry an extra battery. I could install a seat post rack to carry or mount it on.

Increasing the top speed is going to be a little harder I think.
Yeah you could do that. 4500W is really pushing a ehub to it's heat limits if sustained for long distances or climbing long hills at maximum speed.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I took the boss out today shopping for kitchen cabinets, and countertops and stuff. Shopping with her is like spy vs spy. She accused me of buying something on the credit card that she that doesn't know about. She has such a suspicious mind. I explained to her I didn't. Well I didn't, it's the truth. Honesty is the best policy, you know.

"All I'm trying to do is get your kitchen remodeled honey. We're not going to live forever you know. I just want you to get your new kitchen so you can enjoy it while you're still young, because I love U."

A few minutes ago she looked at me and said she wishes she had a zero interest credit card. Humm, I'm considering giving her the one I have coming. "Look a zero interest credit card just came in the mail." "I knew you would like one of these sweetie so I applied for one the other day."

I should start a school that teaches men how to have a happy marriage.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I have no doubt that will be possible, but I don't have that kind of knowledge.
You wont need to know how I did it cause if I succeed then I will roll these things out like Toyota rolls out Corollas. One by one by one. Practically maintenance free in comparison to gas motored bikes, from my experience. I only have to keep the price down.........if that's at all possible.

Cops will not have a clue if you're running 750 watts (1 HP) or 6600 watts. They also will never hear you coming either. LMAO

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I got 2,515 electric miles on my gas/electric bike and I have yet to do any maintenance on the electric side of the bike. None of any kind. Done plenty of maintenance on the gas side though with oil changes and valve adjustments. Combined gas electric miles is now 4,025.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
biknut --- you crack me up---- ain't it the truth

I do believe you can teach everyone a few new tricks regarding the loved one --
you seem to clearly have it covered

regarding the electric rocket ship if patience wins out you might find that mike and a few others may have just what you are looking for without the branded bs of a
www.p-gbikes.com for example and not the grossly exaggerated performance stats
overstated no service exhorbident sp????replacement parts costs etc
back up etc. ----or other well expensive creations currently in the marketplace

time heals most things but a fiery passion is hard to quench

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
biknut --- you crack me up---- ain't it the truth

I do believe you can teach everyone a few new tricks regarding the loved one --
you seem to clearly have it covered

regarding the electric rocket ship if patience wins out you might find that mike and a few others may have just what you are looking for without the branded bs of a
www.p-gbikes.com for example and not the grossly exaggerated performance stats
overstated no service exhorbident sp????replacement parts costs etc
back up etc. ----or other well expensive creations currently in the marketplace

time heals most things but a fiery passion is hard to quench
Looks like something they built in their backyard and they won't even tell you how much it will cost you. LOL

Lots of pretty colors though.

http://custom.pg-bikes.com/colourize/client/pg-bikes/index.cfm?modelId=5&language=en

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I believe that p-gbikes model that Orlando Bloom is riding is a Blacktrail BT-01 that costs $80,000. Jay Leno has one too. Unfortunately even my bag of tricks can't find the answers to own one. Although that does give me ideas.

"Baby, I was going to mortgage the house and buy a $80,000 Blacktrail BT-01, but out of respect for you, I'm decided to buy a measly smeasly econo Stealth Bomber for only $10,000 instead, because I care for you so much."

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
One more time.

Spend a grand and build a good ebike. Build it on a step thru frame so wifey will like it too and might even ride it. You can ride it close to home so as not to get run over.

You will learn much. Wifey might really like it and suggest you get something even better.

How many gas bikes have you built? Learn anything?

Learn something about electrics before you spend 10 grand.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
One more time.

Spend a grand and build a good ebike. Build it on a step thru frame so wifey will like it too and might even ride it. You can ride it close to home so as not to get run over.

You will learn much. Wifey might really like it and suggest you get something even better.

How many gas bikes have you built? Learn anything?

Learn something about electrics before you spend 10 grand.
I agree. Everything revolves around the bike itself first. Much much cheaper and you build what you want to your needs and specs. Then you can go to Tahiti for a week with the money you saved building your own bike.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I was looking at this kit before I decided on something more tame.

http://www.hi-powercycles.com/product.sc?productId=48&categoryId=4
3500W System: 50 MPH (78V Ultra High Performance Li-NMC)

*37 Mile Range, battery weight: 11.7 lbs (Li-NMC) 9.9 lbs (LiPo), Motor Weight: 15.9 lbs (Gearless)

*Range Estimates are a maximum figure based on FLAT ground, no pedaling, 170 lb. rider, 18-20 MPH steady cruise.*

37 miles on FLAT ground @ 18-20 MPH?
HPC also charges too much for what you actually get.

Jesus H that doesn't even include the bike? $4000 for a 3500w kit? e-Pirates! LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
don't they have a 100 lb limit on pedal assist bikes?
I've never seen a maximum weight law for any state or country but I have seen some pretty crazy laws specific to gas motorized bicycle, so anything is possible. I just haven't seen it myself and I've done a lot of digging around including various other countries laws on e-bikes.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I have given thought to building my own bike, but my idea of building my own is probably different from yours.

Building my own would be something like getting a Fighter, and modifying it to suit my needs better. Mainly that would mean increasing the range, and I got to tell you, the more I think about it the more I like the idea. I'm the type that never leaves the thing alone. I'll be modifying my bike forever, especially as improved technology comes out that I can adapt to it. A fighter might be a very good starting point for my purposes. 75 lbs is only about 10 lbs more than Stunner. I have been dieting too.

I keep finding out more and more details about the differences of these two bikes. Bomber, and Fighter. Something I didn't realize about the bomber is apparently it's a real dog to pedal only, not only because it weighs 120 lbs, but also because the motor doesn't freewheel. When you pedal it you have to fight a lot of motor drag, plus the weight.

The fighter on the other hand apparently does have a freewheel on the motor so that, plus the much lighter weight makes it a lot more pleasant to pedal power only. That makes a huge difference 6 miles from home. With a little more battery capacity I think I could live a Fighter pretty well. Battery technology is improving almost daily so it probably won't be long that I could buy better batteries. Meanwhile I could just buy an extra battery pack.

The smaller size of the Fighter really appeals to me.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I have given thought to building my own bike, but my idea of building my own is probably different from yours.

Building my own would be something like getting a Fighter, and modifying it to suit my needs better. Mainly that would mean increasing the range, and I got to tell you, the more I think about it the more I like the idea. I'm the type that never leaves the thing alone. I'll be modifying my bike forever, especially as improved technology comes out that I can adapt to it. A fighter might be a very good starting point for my purposes. 75 lbs is only about 10 lbs more than Stunner. I have been dieting too.

I keep finding out more and more details about the differences of these two bikes. Bomber, and Fighter. Something I didn't realize about the bomber is apparently it's a real dog to pedal only, not only because it weighs 120 lbs, but also because the motor doesn't freewheel. When you pedal it you have to fight a lot of motor drag, plus the weight.

The fighter on the other hand apparently does have a freewheel on the motor so that, plus the much lighter weight makes it a lot more pleasant to pedal power only. That makes a huge difference 6 miles from home. With a little more battery capacity I think I could live a Fighter pretty well. Battery technology is improving almost daily so it probably won't be long that I could buy better batteries. Meanwhile I could just buy an extra battery pack.

The smaller size of the Fighter really appeals to me.
Both Stealth bikes have the same electric hubs, and chains going from the pedals to the e-hub, just like on my bike. I don't even feel the drag to be honest. Having low tires is much much more drag on my bike than pedaling that e-hub. I don't even feel it on flat terrain. What I do feel is the fact that my bike weighs 120 lbs. That is what I feel.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Look at the Stealth Fighters dual chainring versus my single. I now have legs like tree trunks because of it. The Bomber has a very tiny chainring.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I found a store on fleabeay out of californy that sells Stealth's for the same price as the distributor, but shipping is only $250, instead of the $800 the distributor charges.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I found a store on fleabeay out of californy that sells Stealth's for the same price as the distributor, but shipping is only $250, instead of the $800 the distributor charges.
Both Stealth's are great bikes and look like they're built to last forever. I just don't understand why they cost so much for a hub driven bike.