Job Offer

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Ok, here it is... Things are really getting busy & I'm officially looking to hire someone to help in my shop & build my standard bikes (while I work on the higher end bikes).
This will be a part time job, (maybe 10-20 hours per week)?, $10/hour CASH.
You must have a car (truck prefered), & have good skills in a shop & at building these bikes.

I'll try out a few different people & see who fits in the best.

Please PM me with your resume.

~Norm

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
Dang it's too bad I don't live in L.A.

...and I don't think my china girl could handle a 500+ mile one way commute lol
MINE WOULD...i build the BEST lol been thining about moving to cali...this would be a nice bit of stability....i wonder what a resume looks like for a MB builder...probally a LOT of pictures....i would soooo TOTALLY do this...i spend hours working on em already...why not get paid for it...can you say DREAM JOB?

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
WAIT.....now i get paid to get on here and type? this dream job keeps getting better LOL but i really am interested. do they have a good welding school there?

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
MINE WOULD...i build the BEST lol been thining about moving to cali...this would be a nice bit of stability....i wonder what a resume looks like for a MB builder...probally a LOT of pictures....i would soooo TOTALLY do this...i spend hours working on em already...why not get paid for it...can you say DREAM JOB?
Then do it brobeans!
You ain't down to move to L.A. And work at your dream job were your talent are used at their best to build works of art that people can really appreciate as more than just toys.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Here's a tip Norm...
Our situations are about the same and I need help too and found something you might want to try to vet potential people you could eventually hire.

I posted a CraigsList ad in the Gig's listings under the Help Wanted category.
Unlike the $25 they want to post a regular ad, the Gig's is free to post to.
I put one ad a couple of weeks ago that went something like this....

Motorized Bicycle Apprentice Wanted
I build motorized bicycles in Phoenix and looking for experienced bicycle and/or small engine mechanics that would like to learn about them and make a couple of bucks.
$10 a day from ~7 or 8am to ~2 or 3pm M-F.

I went on to mention my plans for a strorefront hopefully this year and the working conditions but you get the idea.

I was inundated with calls and tried 4 guys for a few days so far and it's great.
I have 2 guys in sync with my shop setup and tools and the basic 2-stroke direct drive bikes are done and tested in short order.
Like you that frees me up to do the high end complicated builds and run the business part.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
My biggest problem is that I don't have the time to fully train someone... I need someone who is already familiar with bikes.

Last year I had a kid who was working for me for free, but it was really only slowing me down showing him how to do eveything (& constantly checking everything he did)... I found it to be much faster (& a better job in general) to just do it all myself.

I'm also not looking to show someone everything I know just so they can copy everything I've done & start their own MB business... (Jake) :rolleyes:

I'm now looking to hire a 'old skooler' who already knows how to turn wrenches, & is only looking for a little extra money (& to have something to do) a few days a week.

Does anyone here fit that description? :D