Difference in size......HS 49 & HF 6.5hp

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Side by side pictures of the small 49cc 4-stroke and a large 200cc 4-stroke.

This is just a little perspective in the size difference between an HS 49cc and a HF 200cc clone of a Honda. The HF Greyhound 6.5hp is the same size physically as the 212cc Predator for those contemplating building a 200cc monster or a tame street legal 49cc Huasheng. Does a 200cc engine look like it can pass as a 49cc engine? See for yourself........

Personally I would not build a motorized bike with an engine larger than a Predator 212cc unless the bike was a tandem. The reason I say this is a built 200cc motor is capable of producing enough horsepower and torque to tear your average bicycle to pieces........literaly.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thank you scotto-! I doubt that I will build a 200cc in the near future, but a 99cc is burning a hole in my imagination!
If I can ever afford to build up a race bike, who knows.... Am thinking of a siamesed frame with an Aixro XR50 Wankel Kart engine. Insane power but you pay dearly for it $$$.
294cc, 10,400 redline, 50+ hp!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thank you scotto-! I doubt that I will build a 200cc in the near future, but a 99cc is burning a hole in my imagination!
If I can ever afford to build up a race bike, who knows.... Am thinking of a siamesed frame with an Aixro XR50 Wankel Kart engine. Insane power but you pay dearly for it $$$.
That would certainly turn some heads (^)

dnut

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT
I stopped by HF on my way back through New Hampshire yesterday and couldn't pass up the $99 212cc Predator. I know it's too much power, but I'm going to set it up so I can run 35mph while using very little energy. I also got a call today that a friend of mine is willing to sell his Sachs MadAss 50cc scooter to me that has a 70cc big bore kit. That is the only moped I would ever consider so that will be my going to work vehicle and the Predator will be the playing vehicle.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I stopped by HF on my way back through New Hampshire yesterday and couldn't pass up the $99 212cc Predator. I know it's too much power, but I'm going to set it up so I can run 35mph while using very little energy. I also got a call today that a friend of mine is willing to sell his Sachs MadAss 50cc scooter to me that has a 70cc big bore kit. That is the only moped I would ever consider so that will be my going to work vehicle and the Predator will be the playing vehicle.
I agree, how could you pass up a deal like that? I know I couldn't, as that is the same price I paid for my 212cc Predator (even though I just wanted the 99cc Pred), and all the aftermarket upgades available are just a bonus.

dnut

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT
My intention was to purchase the 99cc, but when I saw the pallet full of 212cc engines in boxes I couldn't resist. I also like the fact that New Hampshire doesn't have sales tax. I'm planning to start my build around mid April.

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
is it true however that the 212cc is almost double the 99cc?

the HS 49CC is not that big, infact almost same size as china girl. Anyway to squeeze 40mph out of them with AGK tuning parts?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
is it true however that the 212cc is almost double the 99cc?

the HS 49CC is not that big, infact almost same size as china girl. Anyway to squeeze 40mph out of them with AGK tuning parts?
No it's not true....the 212cc is more than double in displacement and horsepower. 14cc's bigger and i extra pony (than double).

It takes quite a bit of squeezing to get 40mph out of the HS 49cc, but it can be done ;)

dnut

Last edited:

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
I want one soo bad now. Ive seen smaller Sachs wankel motors, but they are almost impossible to find for sale.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well at first glance at it, I wasn't quite sure what to think and then reading that it's a 6.5hp and not seeing the brand name Honda, I just had to have a better look at it.

OK.....it's not a Honda, but it is a Lifan clone and it has electric start but prolly no battery comes with it. So for the price, it's a pretty good deal on an engine that is highly upgradable. I just bought one as you can see in this thread that doesn't have electric start. I also just built up a brand new Honda GX160 that does have electric start for the tandem.

That engine with it's electric starter and a battery will need a bike that has a lot of room for it.........that's what I think.

dnut