Best oil filter to run on a China Girl? Is the Serve Pro ok?

GoldenMotor.com
Dec 11, 2014
Tucson

Here is a pic of the one I am running. It's technically a cross over from an air cooled 4 stroke twin. Just wondered what all the experienced builders are using and help any new people with good advice. I admittedly use the Serve Pro because I get them at a discount at work and can change it often. Remember, oil is the lifeblood of your motor.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'd try it but all of my engines are the early design without a place for a filter. I always pour my oil through an old sock to filter it before it goes in the engine :)

Tom

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I just screw those type oil filter on to the end of the exhaust pipe to filter the oil from the exhaust before it enters the atmosphere. It also silences the exhaust pipe nicely.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I am running 1mm over on the exhaust valve and stock intake. My own theory on keeping the intake velocity as high as possible. My next project is an adjustable cam gear and possibly adapting a simplified V-tec system from a Honda automotive head.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you're going to use oversized valves then you should also look at adding a cam with higher lift and longer duration. It makes the idle a little lumpy but you'll love what it does at the higher end. Are you using solid or hydraulic lifters? Roller rockers?

Tom

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Tom, I'm confused? I have to run solid lifters, there would be no way for hydraulic lifters to have pressure on a 2 stroke. And I want to try the Fram oil filter but I am afraid the orange color would clash with my green and blue color scheme negating the speed advantage of the Fram filter. Maybe I should repaint the bike?

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
VTEC would be good, but you might go for the cheap off brand VVT-I which does the same thing, but costs less. Are you going to run a hemispherical head? Have you thought about a port and polish on the intake runners?

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
I'd try it but all of my engines are the early design without a place for a filter. I always pour my oil through an old sock to filter it before it goes in the engine :)
Toe Jam is well known for it's lubrication properties. WD40 is actually 37% Toe Jam. It was discovered in WW2 when the allied soldiers suffered from trench foot and would wipe down their guns with their dirty socks to keep them clean from all the dirt and mud in the trenches. Now it's harvested from the boots of construction site flaggers who stand all day and used as an additive in all the top motor oils.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I can't use WD40 because it degrades rubber and plastic. I have a rubber intake extension and a muffler I made out if plastic vacuum parts. I am looking into the VVTI do you think it would work with an electric turbo?

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I ran water wetter in my GSXR race bike since no coolant is allowed on track however mine did fine on straight water also. I wonder how well it would work as liquid air around these funny fin things around my bicycle motor? I am still trying to figure them out. I have scientifically deduced that they will burn the he!! Out of my leg, in very nice lines I might add. On a speed note, I mixed a 1/4 can of blue compression with my fuel and oil today and the acceleration was amazing. I need to upgrade the kanipler pins though because I'm sure this much added power will break them.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I ran water wetter in my GSXR race bike since no coolant is allowed on track however mine did fine on straight water also. I wonder how well it would work as liquid air around these funny fin things around my bicycle motor? I am still trying to figure them out. I have scientifically deduced that they will burn the he!! Out of my leg, in very nice lines I might add. On a speed note, I mixed a 1/4 can of blue compression with my fuel and oil today and the acceleration was amazing. I need to upgrade the kanipler pins though because I'm sure this much added power will break them.
If you have that much power I'd start running water meth injection at 2:1 ratio of air going into the engine methanol has higher octane rating and will help keep your engine temps down.