Newbie is this kit any good?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Never bought an engine kit from bikeberry but it is like as good as any of the standard engine kits, as you will find by reading a lot on this forum, mostly of the kits are just about as big of a crap shoot as the next, some may be a bit better than others but im not sure which one that would be, personally I think the best kits I've seen are the X80 kits sold on ebay by a seller that goes by (LEB) luckyearlybird, I bought one of the lowers they were offering at one time and it had noticably better parts. I think they sell the kit for $146.99 free shipping
If I were at home on my computer I'd include a link but im at work on my phone tonight.

Hope this helps , go to ebay and search X80 engine kit and look for luckyearlybird as the seller.

Map

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Bikeberry has LOUSY customer service and a reputation for messing things up and refusing to fix it.
I'd suggest ebay.
Here is my vendor. (23 kits and counting...with NO lemons.)
Mingsinternational
or rose326 (same people)
Last kit was $140bucks shipped to my door.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Bikeberry has LOUSY customer service and a reputation for messing things up and refusing to fix it.
I'd suggest ebay.
Here is my vendor. (23 kits and counting...with NO lemons.)
Mingsinternational
or rose326 (same people)
Last kit was $140bucks shipped to my door.
I had wondered about the kits rose326 sells myself, they're priced good for sure.
The particular x80 kit I was point this person to is one of the PK-80 kits that has larger tranfer ports in the cylinder and. The longer bent clutch arm, mine also had the one piece crankshaft that has the balance holes drilled in it, may not be a bit better or even as good as the kits from rose326 and if you have bought that many from them and never had a lemon I'dsay thats a dang good track record for sure.....

Map

Last edited:

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I had wondered about the kits rose326 sells myself, they're priced good for sure.
The particular x80 kit I was point this person to is one of the PK-80 kits that has larger tranfer ports in the cylinder and. The longer bent clutch arm, mine also had the one piece crankshaft that has the balance holes drilled in it, may not be a bit better or even as good as the kits from rose326 and if you have bought that many from them and never had a lemon I'dsay thats a dang good track record for sure.....

Map
Yeah, honestly I started buying from them when I got a single outstanding engine the first time. It had the red insert clutch lever and ran like a champ from day one.This engine lasted me over 10k miles without giving me a single problem! I never needed to pull the engine apart, so I never did look inside the cases to see what was different, but it was the single best ht I ever saw. I recently sold the bike it is on and it's still running strong.
I've heard something about rico group motors being exceptional and I'm pretty sure this was one of them. I have never since seen the red insert clutch lever but I would love to find more of these kits to see if it was just chance.
The kits I now get all have been good running and durable as far as I know. I have never yet had one of my buyers call back with a major engine issue, so I assume they all still run. The only issue I ever had was one early kit came with a bad coil winding which was replaced free and fast.
All china kits are something of a cr-pshoot, but I like knowing the vendor stands behind his engine kits. I highly recommend these (this)vendors based on buying many, many kits problem free.
(Your results may vary)

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yeah, honestly I started buying from them when I got a single outstanding engine the first time. It had the red insert clutch lever and ran like a champ from day one.This engine lasted me over 10k miles without giving me a single problem! I never needed to pull the engine apart, so I never did look inside the cases to see what was different, but it was the single best ht I ever saw. I recently sold the bike it is on and it's still running strong.
I've heard something about rico group motors being exceptional and I'm pretty sure this was one of them. I have never since seen the red insert clutch lever but I would love to find more of these kits to see if it was just chance.
The kits I now get all have been good running and durable as far as I know. I have never yet had one of my buyers call back with a major engine issue, so I assume they all still run. The only issue I ever had was one early kit came with a bad coil winding which was replaced free and fast.
All china kits are something of a cr-pshoot, but I like knowing the vendor stands behind his engine kits. I highly recommend these (this)vendors based on buying many, many kits problem free.
(Your results may vary)

20+ kits down the pipe with good results sounds like a winner to me....... thanks for the great info.

Map

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
20+ kits down the pipe with good results sounds like a winner to me....... thanks for the great info.

Map
I'm beginning to suspect I get slightly better kits because I buy so often, but like I said, even the first few were great value.
I can't say everyone else will have the same results since I do pull the jugs and rinse out the innards on all my new builds. I usually find some junk, but nothing`you would not expect from a new china kit. I've never found any bad assembly which makes me very happy considering some of the horror stories I've heard. Still never hurts to check.
Anyone looking for a vendor should consider these guys for best price and decent kits.
The best bike in my opinion is one that starts and runs without drama.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'm beginning to suspect I get slightly better kits because I buy so often, but like I said, even the first few were great value.
I can't say everyone else will have the same results since I do pull the jugs and rinse out the innards on all my new builds. I usually find some junk, but nothing`you would not expect from a new china kit. I've never found any bad assembly which makes me very happy considering some of the horror stories I've heard. Still never hurts to check.
Anyone looking for a vendor should consider these guys for best price and decent kits.
The best bike in my opinion is one that starts and runs without drama.
Well said maniac57......1