Who else always pedals?

GoldenMotor.com

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
I've been pedaling like crazy lately, mostly on hills. I found that my pedals arent effective above 19MPH, so I pedal until they dont help and then rest until the next hill. My legs are bulking up, pounds shedding everywhere else, having a good time riding.

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
Other than from a dead stop, or up a vicious hill that the motor is having trouble with, pedaling a motor bicycle is ludicrous. LUDICROUS
I thought about this comment, and I think that it depends on your perspective.

If you really like and want a motorcycle, then you can think of a motorized bicycle as a small light-weight under-powered motorcycle. If you think of yourself as riding a motorcycle, then yes, perhaps pedaling is ludicrous.

But I have never had any interest in motorcycles. Instead, I have always loved bicycles and loved riding them. I am a bicycle fanatic. I love pedaling and the feeling of doing something active and physical - it is fun and exciting. Pedaling just seems right because that’s what bike riders do. But now that I am 67 years old I tire more quickly, I can’t go as fast or as far as I used to, and I need a little help to keep the experience fun and exciting.

Now when I ride my motorized bicycle, I can ride faster and further than I ever could even when I was at my peak. I can fantasize that I am a very powerful rider on a very fast bicycle who can race past the strongest young riders at will and climb any hill no matter how long or steep withut difficulty. That keeps my rides fun and exciting.

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
I have a Marcy recumbent exercise bike with a nice chair mounted.

I am pedaling most of the time I am on the computer.

Have a Giant dualfit also.

I sit behind the Giant and pedal it with my arms.

Pedaling is great for the arms too ! :)

usflg

Last edited:

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
I thought about this comment, and I think that it depends on your perspective.

If you really like and want a motorcycle, then you can think of a motorized bicycle as a small light-weight under-powered motorcycle. If you think of yourself as riding a motorcycle, then yes, perhaps pedaling is ludicrous.

But I have never had any interest in motorcycles. Instead, I have always loved bicycles and loved riding them. I am a bicycle fanatic. I love pedaling and the feeling of doing something active and physical - it is fun and exciting. Pedaling just seems right because that’s what bike riders do. But now that I am 67 years old I tire more quickly, I can’t go as fast or as far as I used to, and I need a little help to keep the experience fun and exciting.

Now when I ride my motorized bicycle, I can ride faster and further than I ever could even when I was at my peak. I can fantasize that I am a very powerful rider on a very fast bicycle who can race past the strongest young riders at will and climb any hill no matter how long or steep withut difficulty. That keeps my rides fun and exciting.
That my FRIEND is exactly how i feel --im 63--but like today i did 40 miles--with lots of stops picture taking--in 21/2 hours--and its wonderful --i ride all winter with studs and am bike addicted !

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I only pedal when I have to. Starting, off the line, and up hills that the motor can't climb unassisted. Other than that, I rest my feet on the pedals as if they were footpegs. One of the biggest reasons I got into motorbicycling was for as little pedaling as possible. Call me lazy if ya want to, lol. I am lazy to a certain extent. Let the motor do the work, that's what its there for.

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
i like pedaling so much i ride my pedal only bike just for fun , my MB is my grocery getter and erand runner, my wheels , i ride it just like my pedal bike , i coast down the hills , pedal on flats lightly to keep the speed , and dig into it hill climbing ,lets say people sure rubber neck when you fly up a hill at 22 mph pedaling ...laff