Right
Double brake lever & Throttle

Was thinking of changing the setup to

Left
Double BACK brake on top of clutch
Grip Shifter (future 8 speed hub mod)

Right
Double FRONT brake & Throttle

Should I swap front and back brakes over???
Also, Should I keep the clutch lever below the (to be) front brake lever.

I was thinking of the adding a v-brake on the front rim and a double brake lever.

:-||

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I've been a motorcycle rider all my life & I prefer to keep the controls that way! (Clutch on the left & brake on the right.) I also really like the 'dual pull' brake levers for bikes that have two hand brakes. ;)

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
That was part why I was questioning my current setup. As the front brake is on the left side same as my clutch.

My desired setup requires a restringing of the brakes or new parts as the double brake lever is part of the throttle.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Two lever brake handles are best for control- I was a skeptic until I tried it-

I still have some worry over failure- losing both brakes at once- but there's been no problem here in a couple of years.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
When i was running your setup I had the clutch on top of the reer brake on the LHS but I got big hands so it made it easir for me to still grab the brake. In saying that if you have the clutch on top and you need to jump on the anchors from a freak incident you might find yourself pulling the clutch lever instead of the brake. I had the clutch lever mounted though in a way so I could only pull it with 2 fingers so that wasnt too much of a problem (in sayin that I replaced the cable with a good quality one to make it heaps easier to pull the clutch in)..

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
When I first got my bike. I had the clutch on top of the rear brake. Then after riding a few times I pulled the clutch by mistake instead of the brake in a hurry, by mistake.
And scared the ****s out of me.

When I got back home I changed put the brake on top. Which is better, but the front brake is still better than the rear, so hence now Im wanting to change the front brake to the throttle side.

Which I think will help make sure that the throttle is closed when ever I want to use the front brake.

I cant wait for my goodies from SBP arrive.