what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I've done a bunch of riding in cold, pouring rain. Every time I had to stop at a stop light I put my hands over the engine to warm up....

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana

Mounted my new Chromed slanthead on my new chromed Micargi today. Gotta change to the 1.195 tires to get outta the chain's way. Don't care for the whitewalls anyway.

DSC_1368.JPG

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

I moved into town this week, so I rode "The White Lady" 9 miles in to my new place. Commute to work will be only 3 miles with 25mph speed limits. It'll be shorter, safer and easier ride, compared to 35-40mph highway sprints from the old place.
I chained my bike onto the balcony yesterday; it rained all last night and the bike got pretty wet. So I brought it in and wiped it down. It sucked that it rained all day today. Hopefully, it'll clear up, so I can ride to work tomorrow.

Rush hour traffic is pretty hectic at a couple blocks, but I can hop onto the sidewalk at those locations. xct2

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

5-7heaven}Rush hour traffic is pretty hectic at a couple blocks said:
there are a few places like that on my way to work i love when the round about gets jammed up i get to pass all the cagers on my bike

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

oh and today on my way to work i and back i realized how weak my dads bike is without any porting on it

well maybe thats the reason my last moto was exaust ported and had a billet intake and kicked but but stock ports just seem weak

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Yesterday, (Sunday) Went looking for a warehouse to rent. Bunch of old factorys to be had.
Rode around the north end. Kinda depressing area but cheap and great place for a MB factory/store/shop. Test rides and such. But got board and rode around downtown. Really cool. No traffic aside from some cabs and emergency trucks & cars. Really nice ride. Re-routed speedo cable and it works now. Tested against GPS and is spot on. Went back to blowbag muffler alone just for looks and funny. Engine needs to be hotter. Might remove some of the cooling fins. Heat shield is working in reverse and retaining heat which is good. Finalized plans in head for pusher using a 4HP (I can have 5 here) Lifan engine. $129 @ Home depot. Will start building oven to powdercoat frames, parts etc ASAP.
This is the best hobby ever!

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

had to swap magnetos over on the way to work it was pouring with rain yesterday and water got into the lttle hole at the front wetting my magneto. DOH!!
lucky I was carrying that half of the case in my bag as I was taking it to work to press the bearing out.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA

reinstalled my tensioner. I thought I could go w/o it but the new sprocket is broken in now and thus I had some slack in my chain. It slipped on a ride and almost came off, yikes, but it popped back on and I kept on going, that could have been less than fun.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

yeah its a scary thought when ya know the chains on the brink of coming off and ya forget ya bag of tools. I always imagine myself sprawled out on the tarmac. Not a pleasant thought.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana

When I built my last offset seatpost, I just used a piece of 1"x 3/8" barstock welded to 1" and 7/8" steel slugs.

I wanted something fancier for my new build. Been looking at old curved wrenches and crankhandles, but nothing in my junk beefy enough.

Then I spotted an old Honda centerstand, with a landau shaped foot lever.

I cut the hollow tubular lever off and welded it to a piece of 1" round bar.

Came out nice woth the curves and ball tip. Still gotta center drill the barstock to lighten it and paint it shiny silver :~) Check out pics. DSC_1375.JPG

DSC_1377.JPG

Wayne Z

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Nice looking seat post Wayne!

Went to CT(Canadian Tire), zip tied a new snow shovel to my frame, and hauled a 50lb bag of salt in my milk crate mounted on my cheapy rear rack. Also had 24 cans of beer in my knapsack. Made it home no prob, was only a mile, just put-putted through the snow. Back tire looked almost flat when I had to stop, made for good traction though, lol.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine

When I built my last offset seatpost, I just used a piece of 1"x 3/8" barstock welded to 1" and 7/8" steel slugs.

I wanted something fancier for my new build. Been looking at old curved wrenches and crankhandles, but nothing in my junk beefy enough.

Then I spotted an old Honda centerstand, with a landau shaped foot lever.

I cut the hollow tubular lever off and welded it to a piece of 1" round bar.

Came out nice woth the curves and ball tip. Still gotta center drill the barstock to lighten it and paint it shiny silver :~) Check out pics. View attachment 32102

View attachment 32103

Wayne Z
Wayne,That is pretty sweet,you can even scratch your privates at a stop sign! Cool.Kip.
[email protected]

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine

Nice looking seat post Wayne!

Went to CT(Canadian Tire), zip tied a new snow shovel to my frame, and hauled a 50lb bag of salt in my milk crate mounted on my cheapy rear rack. Also had 24 cans of beer in my knapsack. Made it home no prob, was only a mile, just put-putted through the snow. Back tire looked almost flat when I had to stop, made for good traction though, lol.
Hey,Killer.Did the beer get warm?How many cans did you have left when you finally got home?Kip.
[email protected]

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

They were colder by the time I got home, heh heh. Was a balmy -2C today, nice day for a cruise. :D

Oh hey, did anyone check out the lunar eclipse this morning? I couldn't see it, too cloudy, got up at 3am to check it out, bummer way to start a day. It was the first lunar eclipse on the same day as the winter solstice in like 500 years, cool eh?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Cloudy here too I will have to live 500 more years to catch the next one lol.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

Put that Sora rear derailleur on finally- got this thing on close-out on ebay for a song about a year ago, because a newer model came out- it's lighter than the Micargi's original and looks better too- doesn't handle the very top cog, but that's getting replaced eventually when I put the 27" x 1 3/8" on the back-

I'm hesitant a little because the stupid thing is rolling so well now that I can hardly open up the throttle at all..... But it pedals REALLY well-

gotta get a scale- I think the weight is about 45 lbs including the heavier shock fork an long exhaust.

Once a cruiser is set up with narrow tires and a decent sprocket, a 50 cc really may be the better motor for a light street/ urban bike- will be testing one in the next couple of weeks....

Last edited:

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana

DSC_1384.JPG
I polished, painted and installed my custom offset seat bracket today. Looks pretty good. Might get it chromed.

Watin' on my new Kenda blackwall 1.195's to finish the build.