motorbikers electric Dyno-Glide cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
I put the kit on a new Moon Dog. I really like the brakes on the Moon Dog. What a nice ride ! ! !

If I ever talk about putting a motor on anything but a Moon Dog someone please pop me up side the head ! ! !

As long as Wal Mart sells them I am going to put motors on them. :)

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
The electric dyno glide is coming along.

The back is from a Miami Sun trike, the rear rims and spokes are from a 20" Huffy Rocket. Seat and handlebars are moondog.

Front fork extended 3". 26" front wheel.

Last edited:

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
rear end. It's bolted on with 4 bolts so it will slide a little to adjust the chain.

I beefed up the mounts on the bike frame to make a solid mount.

Plans are for a wood flatbed on the back. A little flat bed truck.

Front wheel electric hub.

:ride2:

Last edited:

Mr. Danelectric

Nov 9, 2008
Ohio
Here is my Dyno-Glide Electric Cruiser:

Crystalyte 5304 Front Hub Motor laced to 700c rim in front, 26" rim in back - 72 Volts of SLA's: 6 12 volt 12 ah... Kona P2 rigid fork (had to weld it to a 1" steerer tube to fit this cruiser frame) - all electronics are in the rear audio rack, along with the batteries. Center of Gravity is extremely low, due to the rack rails welded to the frame to support the batteries right below the rear axle.

Last edited:

Mr. Danelectric

Nov 9, 2008
Ohio
Nice bike ! ! ! I bet it is fast ! How fast will it go ? How far does it go on a charge ? thanks (^)
It's not that fast. My GPS says only 38.5 on the flat with no wind, no pedaling. It takes a while to get there though, is what I'm saying. It gets up to thirty VERY fast, and that's great, but after that it just creeps up in speed.

A few weeks ago, it went 18 miles on a charge, but then today It pooped out after only 8 miles! I don't know if it's because of the cold, or if some cells are low, or what, but I just ordered the Cycle Analyst, so that should really help me see what's going on with my system. I am actually really excited about getting it, after all the hype I've read on the internet.

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
updated picture. Motor fitup. I changed the fork and made it lower. It handles good sitting so low. The front fork is off an old Huffy cruiser, the handlebars too. The chainwheel is off the Huffy Rocket bike.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2008
The electric kit is on the way ! I am going to mount the batteries in the middle as low as possible and make a nice looking cover. Plenty of room there.

I'm not selling this one ! This one is mine that I have been saving.

I LOVE the banana seat, been wondering what that would look like, did it come with the bike?

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
I LOVE the banana seat, been wondering what that would look like, did it come with the bike?
No, I got the seat on eBay. I took it off because I put a child carrier on the back and I was riding the grandkids around on it.

I am thinking small flatbed for the back. Something that would carry a 50 lb bag of dog food from the store and also be able to mount the seat when the kids come over. .crt.