I got hit by a car today on my MB.

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
That sucks LSR. Sucks you got injured but thankful its not any worse. Heal up soon and take it easy for a while.

I've had so many close calls riding in Tucson and one time I got hit by a side mirror from a landscaper.

They did not stop neither. Took me down knocked the wind out of me and was bruised real bad. I just wish i could have seen the name on the side of the door but its hard when your tumbling down the street. I still have that mirror I have it hanging in my shed as a reminder.

Just my opinion and years of riding but a safety vest does seem to help.

Manwell97

May 12, 2015
Bridgeport CT
Alright so my bike wont go i mean it starts you hear the engine but it just turns on doesnt give gas and makes it alot harder to just pedal what do i do i heard a loud pop prior to this (going at about cruising speeds) but i thought it was my muffler that had just snapped off so while the muffler came off i assumed it was still going to start and that is when i ran to the above problem any suggestions?

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Thanks all, and Slogger I know what you mean about the knee. I ALWAYS hit my left knee and the scar tissue rips off. I looked down this time and saw my left knee covered in blood and thought, again? Really? Every time? Really? Ha ha just a light note I guess. And yes I think a safety vest is in my near future although this person would have plowed me no matter what. They have crazy bright yellow t-shirts at the big box store now I might get for riding also.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I think they were clueless. I got a split second glimpse of the driver and she was blankly staring forward like everything was ok. It's strange my memory of the car hitting me, the bike going out from under me, the impact with the ground is all a series of still images in my head. Then the memory goes back to normal although blotchy already. I don't think she purposely hit me I think she just thought it was ok to drive right thru the lane where I was. I keep replaying it and it's one of the few that I have no idea how I could have avoided it. I guess fortunately most drivers don't think it's ok to just drive right thru you.

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Glad you're healing, LSR.
Happily, lots of other folks have the idea that you are also a vehicle & will treat you as one on the streets. Trouble is if you become a bit lax when keeping your eyes open & don't spot the one that feels they're doing you a favor to obey vehicle laws.