49cc 4 stroke top engine mount?

GoldenMotor.com

worksuxxx

Jul 16, 2013
Omaha
Looking for some advice on putting together a top engine mount for a 4 stroke. I have been experiencing a vibration at a particular rpm and finally pinpointed the problem. I am getting slight engine movement causing the vibration. The heavy duty mounting plate is correctly installed. Bolts are as tight as they will get. When I idle up to the rpm where the engine vibrates, I tried prying from the bottom of the motor to see if the vibrations change, they do not. When I pry from the top of the motor just slightly, the vibration stops. So I need to figure a way to get a metal bar mounted to the top, but not sure where to mount it to(no head bolts). Anybody ever add a bar or strap to help out with vibration? Not looking for a rig job either, must be appealing.

worksuxxx

Jul 16, 2013
Omaha
Geez. I feel like an idiot lol. I'm sure that would help for suggestions right. Will get one up later tonight. By the way, It's about a two-three lb downward slightly angled pressure on motor that eliminates the vibration. I can take a screwdriver and pry from the bike top tube (left side) and the tip of the screwdriver on the right top portion of the valve cover plate and it eliminates the vibration. Anyhow, doing a late dinner with daughter tonight, afterwards will get pic on here. Once I fix this vibration, which is present on both bikes (same frame), All I have left is the not getting past 6900 rpm issue.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This sounds more like a frame issue than your mounts. Could you be looking at flex in the frame instead of a mount problem?

Photos will help us give better advice.

Tom

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi worksuxx. Could you get a titan tank bracket from DAX then screw that to the top of the valve cover with the four screws off the valve cover and secure that bracket to the top tube of the frame with strap steel and a clamp, and secure the transmission to the seat tube with a seat post clamp?