starting a board tracker/vintage inspired bike build

GoldenMotor.com

tattoomark

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix AZ

Here's an updated pic of my build. I took about a year off from working on it because my wife and I were traveling the west coast, and now that im settled again its time to tinker. I swapped out the worksman wheels temporarily until i can get a brake laced to the front hub (the ones on it now can be used with a rim stop brake), and I put a little more correct bars and tires on it. This thing is a blast to ride around town, boy do people stop to look and talk to me about it all the time. An issue Im having with it though is that we ended up moving to Carson City NV, where its almost a mile altitude and I can't seem to get the carb dialed in how it ran in Phoenix. It just seems to starve for fuel, and only idles at half choke, but only accelerates with choke off... no good middle ground, and i took the whole carb apart and cleaned everything. There is no idle mixture screw that i can find on this thing!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm guessing it needs a different jet, but don't know enough to suggest what jet. You might post a question in a separate thread asking about the right jet for high altitude in the Hua Sheng engine. Somebody else in the mountains has already dealt with this no doubt and tell you just what to do.

I no longer have one of those engines, but I'm wondering if a 2 stroke China girl could be fitted to your engine... it would very likely improve it's performance a good bit. That's what I'm doing on my 99 Predator engine.Good luck. You'll figure it out.

Your bike looks great!
SB