Honda GC160

GoldenMotor.com

Bob Campbell

Jul 11, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Hi Guys,

This might not be the right place for this but I feel that this is where there is more scratch built bikes than any other location on this forum. Please feel free to move if necessary.

With that being said, how do you guys feel about a Honda GC 160 in a BT bike?

Northern tool has them on sale for $189 (reg. $239.99)

I have found clones for about $139 but I feel that the real thing is probably worth the extra $50.

How do the clones compare to the Hondas? Also I have been looking at GC 120's through GC 200's. Would one be a better choice than another in the range due to size, weight, or some other reason?

Thanks,
Bob C.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

With that being said, how do you guys feel about a Honda GC 160 in a BT bike?

I have found clones for about $139 but I feel that the real thing is probably worth the extra $50.

How do the clones compare to the Hondas? Also I have been looking at GC 120's through GC 200's. Would one be a better choice than another in the range due to size, weight, or some other reason?

Thanks,
Bob C.
Do you have a link to a clone GC 160?
thanks
The only other GC model is a GC 190 or GS 190
There is no such motor as a GC 120 or 200
Would be GX 120 or GX 200 which is a different motor family.

Last edited:

Bob Campbell

Jul 11, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
CCC, Ive been watching this. Looks good!

MBR, Sorry, I've gotten my GC's and GX's confused. Looking at the go kart sites, the GX's look like they will be the better choice.

Still wondering if the clones compare well against the Hondas.

Thanks,
Bob C.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
You could also add the AGK carb package which is a 22mm Mikuni with adapter and filter. This is what I do and its easy. The bike is easy to tune and gives it more performance.