How long do the factory clutch pads last on China motor?

GoldenMotor.com

Zack01GC

Sep 14, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a few months on my bike, and well over 200 miles on it, probably over 300. The town I live near has many stop signs, some on every block. Being a law-abiding citizen (and a nervous one at that... I don't trust the other drivers to stop), I stop at every one. Stopping at every stop sign means starting at every one. I like to use my motorized bike more like a scooter... I never pedal when starting from a stop on flat ground.

I figure this is probably hard on the clutch, so how long do the clutch pads last? I've got it down with cars, not so familiar with the maintenance on these motors.

Thanks

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I have a few months on my bike, and well over 200 miles on it, probably over 300. The town I live near has many stop signs, some on every block. Being a law-abiding citizen (and a nervous one at that... I don't trust the other drivers to stop), I stop at every one. Stopping at every stop sign means starting at every one. I like to use my motorized bike more like a scooter... I never pedal when starting from a stop on flat ground.

I figure this is probably hard on the clutch, so how long do the clutch pads last? I've got it down with cars, not so familiar with the maintenance on these motors.

Thanks
You need to pedal when taking off....It is also hard on the engine itself....They wear out alot faster if your putting a heavy load on the motor from take offs....I know it looks alot cooler if your not pedaling when you take off,but after awile you will get used to doing it.....
John

sbech

Jan 7, 2011
Latvia (Europe)
Original Chinese clutch pads (at least those, which I saw) were made, seems, out of condensed camel ****.

If you want normal clutch pads - it is recommended to cut them by yourself from, for example, lorry brake pads.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
They will also last longer if you kick start your bike instead of pedal and dump clutch like recommended.I just turn on fuel,choke,then get the pedal to about 11:00 position,,then put some pressure on it,,soon as the compression stroke falls through I keep pushing hard down on the pedal and ALL my china girls start up this way very easy with no wear at all to the clutch,,you need to hold the back tire off the ground while doing this,,its a kick start also!!!

Good times...

Tom :)

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
I always try to synch my pedal speed with the speed of the clutch, just like one would with a stick shift in a car (other than first gear of course).

The same principal applies, when they are in synch, your pads will last a long time.
Starting from a dead stop will wear out your pads, like right quick.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Ive got over 2000 miles on my clutch pads with no signs of trouble on the horizon. Then again, I do pedal as was intended when these kits were designed. In order to pull away from a dead stop with just motor power you need to rev the motor and slip the clutch until it pulls you up to speed enough to fully engage the motor, this isn't good for anything! You should pedal at least a tiny bit to get the bike rolling, even two or three revolutions with the pedals should be enough to get rolling and engage the motor fully. If you insist on burning up your clutch at every stop then be my guest, but just FYI, that's not how you are supposed to ride it....

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
100,000 mile clutch on a 10,000 mile motor.
Pedal away from starts and it will last forever.