The Racing Pedigree: my modern board track racer

GoldenMotor.com

jazz2561

Sep 20, 2012
Huntsville, AL
How are yall, Im james and this is my modern, futuristic board track racer. I designed and built the whole entire thing. This bike is set apart design wise and drive train wise, its a gas electric hybrid(still need to find and old electric scooter) But i do have a question, should i run my belt inside the rear triangle or outside the rear triangle?

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
and hows sheeve going to connect to the wheel if its on the outside of the triangle?

konig44

Mar 20, 2013
fort collins
I think he's asking how the sheeve and wheel can still fully spin. Any piece that attaches the sheeve to the wheel will stop on the chain and seat stays.

Nice ratty build though

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thats a very interesting build. 99cc ? Im wondering if youll need a bit more guesseting between the top and lower frame sections, but I really like your concept! Would love some better outside pics from a few more angles.

jazz2561

Sep 20, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Update time, i've been doing somemore work on the bike, and after numerous trips to the store and my leg and hand almost getting taken off twice by the chain, i have a jackshaft: but i dont know how to mount the stupid thing, ideas anyone?:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
A couple of problems I see, and I'm not pointing them out to belittle you in any way, just trying to look out for your safety. That 212 engine is a lot of engine and your welds look anything but strong enough to handle the torque that engine will put out. Maybe practicing welding a little more would be helpful.

Also a bottom bracket from a bicycle is far from ideal for a jackshaft. You need high speed sealed bearings for a jackshaft. They can be purchased from bearing shops and are worth the cost for personal safety.

Also the secondary drive belt has to run inside the rear triangle, I can't see anyway you could run it outside the rear triangle.

Also did you take rake and trail into consideration when changing your neck angle? Rake and trail can seriously affect a bikes handling.

jazz2561

Sep 20, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Well in that bottom bracket are high speed sealed bearings I got my weld checked by a pro from Jr Drake he said grind out some of them and reweld, most of them I did and I have 4 inches in my rake a trail

jazz2561

Sep 20, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Let me tell you a story, judging by the pictures, you see i have made huge progress. But those bearing housing, are the devil. After I installed them on the bike, i went on a quick gravity ride, and as i was going down the hill, the bearing housing bent and came apart(i had the belt connected.) So after this happening twice, I remove the bearings from the housings, and happily returned them to the store. Today, I went to essex, and found a electric scooter. Now my bike is a official hybrid, and now i braced my whole frame almost everywhere. Now i just need to figure out how to synchronize the throttles to work together, and how to build the gas tank for fuel and batteries. Pictures:

jazz2561

Sep 20, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Hey everyone, I can honestly say that the bike is 90% complete, I did some frame strengthing and painting but I have some more to do. I've took this bike to some car shows and it draws a crowd everywhere it goes, its awesome. I'd like to thank everyone on here for their input, it helped a lot: and look at what I saw at a car show: